Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Real Hunger



Lord thank You so much for working and dwelling in me.  You continue to give me peace during my storms.  I know it is Your power and love that keeps me sane.  Thank you for not giving up on me as I sometimes give up on me.  It is good to know you are there when I feel like no other is there and understands.  AMEN !!!

Today I am working with feelings of hunger.  What I am learning today is that I am not hungry.  It is lunch time and I am not REALLY hunger.  Out of routine I feel compelled to eat.  I am noticing something that I have never known about myself, and I am amazed. 

It’s no big deal, my mother use to say it all the time “I am not hungry for what I have to eat”, I do not have a hunger for my lunch.  I was telling a group of coworkers and they laughed when I told them.  If I were planning a 5 Guys lunch with burger and fries I would be hungry for that.  I would be in my car racing to place my order for a double burger fries and DIET Coke.  Since what I have for lunch is a meterian salad with strawberries and I am not rushing to eat.  Which means I am not REALLY hungry.  Sure you could say I am bored with salads and I am, but if I were truly having hunger pains I would be rushing to eat it. 

I am ok with waiting until I am a bit hungry, I had my breakfast of oatmeal, strawberries, flaxseeds, and two boiled egg whites.  I have drank 16 ounces of water thus far and as a 10:30 a.m. snack I had a kashi bar/dark chocolate with almonds. 

So for now I am ok.  I am 45 minutes past my normal noon time lunch.  Yesterday I noticed I was not hungry.  I altogether passed up lunch as I was in the field.  Now being in the field at lunch time use to mean Mickey D’s, Wendy’s etc.  But I bypassed them and waited really til 6:00 and I had a smoothie with fat burner after my workout.  Later about 8 p.m. I had chicken breast and string beans.  Yummy Yummy Yummy ! 

I like the feeling of being in control of my eating.  It is a nice feeling.  On two occasions over the weekend I faced 2 birthday cakes and I didn’t eat ANY and I didn’t feel deprived.  I ate protein (meat) and salad, water and called it a day. Now check this out I am an emotional eater and I am going through some things right now, and I am so grateful that I am not turning to food.  I have been focusing on God's will and making myself ok with His will.  Also exercises gives me pleasure, that is after the workout is over.  I feel so good all over.  Thank You Lord for helping me through everything.

So much for my food, my exercise routine is awesome.  I have committed myself to working out daily, whether it is power walking, boot camp, ipump (resistant), water walk, or zumba.  I like the variety of the exercise, so I won’t get bored.  Tonight if it doesn’t rain, I will be walking with the ladies of NCBF.  I will refer to us as TEAM NCBF.  I am looking forward to our walk and fellowship.  We will be doing the 5 miles at Euclid Creek.   Feel free to join us at 6:30 today.    If it rains I will do boot camp.

Last week my weight did not change, I held on to my 4 lbs lost.  Yes I was disappointed, I had expected to see a few pounds come off.  I had to be a big girl and leave this to the Lord.  I am spoiled when it comes to weight loss, I workout, eat properly and I lose.  Didn’t work last week.  So I looked at my diet and made some modifications, 70% of weight loss is diet the other 30 % is exercise.  I made some adjustments, cutting back where I could.  I need to stay at 1200 calories per day. 

Encourage someone today to eat healthy and exercise, and encourage yourself. 

See ya !

Oh yeah for the remainder of this week I will cut out red meat.  Back when I started my weight loss journey I eliminated red meat and did chicken and fish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment