Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

5K Race Day-Escape on the Lake ! Two Winners ! Best Day Ever !

Lord I thank You for allowing us to run/walk this race.  Allowing us to finish without any harm or injury.   Lord You gave us what we needed, and it was encouragement and you gave us two winners.  Thank You Lord !


Please stroll down and take a look at the photos !  Thanks !
Photo Credits: Blondell Hinton-Trainer (Superwoman)



NCBF Team - After the race - We had two winners Sis Brenda and Erica won in their age group
 Praise God !  It was so exciting !  

Saturday was our first official race together, and it was the first race for all of us except Kia.  Who by the way is an awesome runner.  Blondell has been working and training us and thought this 5K would be nice.  Well it was one of the best things I have ever participated in.  To see our group of NCBF women evolve into this awesome group of athletics was special.  There are others' in this team but they could not make it.  Now we usually walk 5 miles on Tuesday and 4 miles on Thursday so we can do the distance of a 5K (3.1 miles) but the race is a different animal, you are there with people that have been walking/running competing for years.  We were able to blend in with them and do well.

Sis Brenda and Erica won first place in their age category.  We all were blown away.  Blondell had a cow bell and as each one of us approached the finish line she ran it loud and clear, you definitely knew NCBF was in the HOUSE.   It was encouraging to us as women, as black women and being chrisitan women to do this.  God was there !  It was our first race and to have two winners out of all the professionals that were there was God !  Sis Brenda inspired all of us !  She rocked it !  She brought it in.  As we train during the week Erica is always out front as a leader running, and on Saturday she brought that same excitement with her.

I must say we were ALL winners, the fellowship was fantastic, the support for one another is of God.   Afterwards Sis Brenda and Erica returned to the Vann's home for a Marriage Leadership meeting.  Minister Vann told me today that when they walked in the house the room applauded them.  He was so proud of Sis Brenda.  He actually cooked for their meeting so she and Erica could participate in the race.  He also said Brenda's number that she wore was special to him.  WOW !  Again God was all over this race.

Some of us went to First Watch and had a lovely breakfast and COFFEE, and did I say COFFEE.
We had not eaten breakfast some of us had protein, but I didn't.  I did my bootcamp at 7:30 a.m. til 8:15 weighed in and speeded over to the race.  GETTING IT IN !  YES !  I was thrilled in my heart when I found out I got there in time to register, but wouldn't you know they didn't accept credit card at late registration, but God provided !

We will run our next race together on Labor Day morning.  It is also a 5K.  EXCITED !  Come on and join us, more people are planning to come, we are in the process of brainstorming ideas for T-shirt logos for this upcoming race.



Blondell said we had a game faces on !  Everyone but me, who was late trying to pin my number on.  I  always wanted to wear one of these numbers (tear tear )  !!!!!!



The Team after the race with Blondell she is usually behind the camera, she is such a blessing !


Hey it's Me !  I was close to the finish line
t
NCBF Team WINNERS Sis Brenda and Erica placed first in their  age category
such an inspiration to us all.  It was first race and to have 2 winners was amazing.  They are giving God the Glory !
Erica was working it out, she placed 1st in her age category.  This woman can RUN.

Ms. Tiera RUNNING !  She used the Couch to 5K method to train herself to run and she ran the entire race.  I am gonna check it out it is on the web.http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
I went to the site, for the first week they suggest you run 3 times ; stretch, warm up by walking or jogging for 5 minutes, then run 60 seconds run 90 seconds.  Then it progresses, check it out.


Pray prior to the Race !
Brenda with her award !  You Rock !


Heading back to the parking lot after the race, look behind us there were at least 3 to 4 AA teens following us, we didn't know them, but they were following the excitement.  Hopefully they were inspired by our team.  Their presence touched me in a special way.  I saw them behind us, but when I got home and began to look at photos I realized they followed us all the way back to the parking lot.  You see to my knowledge we were the only AA females in the competition. There was a AA male, who came right up to me and asked where we were from and where did we train.  I told him we were from NCBF.  He said Yeah I heard GOOD things about that church !   Praise God ! Praise God !

This was during the award ceremony.

Remember you are welcome on the team !  Any fitness level !  Come on out !  It's really alot of fun !

Oh yeah, I picked up my jump rope and I got some 1 lbs weights to use as I walk.  I walked this a.m. from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. and I used the hand weights.  Awesome walk !  I didn't take that jump rope LOL

Also a subscriber to this blog reached out to me regarding this blog, this blessed me so much.  You know I write this blog to keep myself focused and in hopes that it will bless others.  I am grateful that it has !  WIN WIN

Below is the link for the Labor Day Walk/Race it is $16.00 I sign up for the 5K run because the walk is  only one mile.  Check it out !
http://www.hermescleveland.com/roadracing/events/milesforsmiles.asp

 Be encouraged and keep on pushing and keep it movin !


OH I can't sign off without telling you all the cutest thing my grandson said this week.  Well this morning he was watching me dress, I was of course putting on my face.  He said "you look like my mommy" and I asked him is your mommy pretty ? and he said YES !  I thought that was very observant of the lil man.  It is so funny what children notice.  Now check this out, we went to dinner at a familiar restaurant and the last time we were there, it was a guest birthday and they were brought a cake with sparkles and the waitresses sang happy birthday.  WELL today we walked in the door, he told the hostess TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY !  I could was shocked that he was trying to run game on the hostess.  She laughed and we all had a big laugh, of course I told him not to tell that untruth anymore.


NOW subscribers I need your prayers this week !  I am on the battlefield and going through a storm, I am faithful and working real hard not to worry.  Pray God's will in my situation.

Also I will be doing the master cleanse this week, and so of course I will need prayer around this.  I will share more about the master cleanse tomorrow.  I am getting ready to drink my smooth move tea.

Exercise today :  7 a.m. til 8 a.m. walked the track did 16 laps.  This evening 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 did about 3 miles of walking.  Before I turn in I plan to do some planks and core work.
Food:  Breakfast/Master cleanse a.m.   / Lunch salad, bread/    Dinner: master cleanse.  I had wanted to do master cleanse all day but I wanted to enjoy going out to dinner with the fam.

2 comments:

  1. This was truly an honor to be a part of this team. God is building long lasting relationships through our new found love for running/walking and I am truly blessed. I am amazed at God's love for me as He continued to bless me in ways I could never imagine. July 28, 2012 will forever be etched in my heart and I am grateful to have you in that memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh wasn't it a wonderful day ! You and Brenda made us proud. God is working in us in a special way. To God be the Glory !

    ReplyDelete