Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Inspiration

Ernestine Shepherd 70+

LORD I magnify your Holy name.  You are so awesome in all of your strength.  You amaze me with ALL Your wonders.  You give so much peace during the storms of my life.  So much peace I sometimes wonder how I am standing, then I realize it is YOU. YOU LORD that loves me and protects my heart.  I thank You for being who You are !
AMEN !

Well I had lots planned this weekend.  Starting off with my Saturday morning workout, I did iPump which is a weight resistance class working to tone the total body.  We did a routine which entailed 4 sets with 15 reps of workouts with some jacks.  I enjoy weight training but it was a challenge.  The next day my chest area was a tad bit sore, so I know it is working.

 At my weight in I was the same exact weight as last week, which I can say was disappointing.  After 5 boot camps workouts and power walking, drinking 80 ounces of water per day, I would have liked to seen some results on the scale.  The trainer reassured me this was ok, and encouraged me to keep working at it, she said 4 lbs within 2 weeks was real good. 

So I got my mind together and kept pushing, I went to a party that Saturday evening and ate according to my meal plan, with the exception of eating more protein (meat) than I should have.  Sunday morning, 7:00 a.m.  I got up met a couple of friends at the track and walked 21 laps.  I did 21 has it would have been Chris’ 21st birthday.  It felt good !

At this point I need some inspiration and I found it.  I was on pinterest and found 3 women over the age of 70 who are fit.  One is actually 86 years old.  They are running, exercising, weight training, teaching.  They are getting it in.  They are competing and winning. They are doing marathons and finishing.  I am over 50 and sometimes I feel like being in shape is hard on the body and I get discouraged.  Last week my body was sore, and I didn’t feel like I had overdid it.  I had to take prescription strength motrins and soak in Epsom salts.  But today I feel better, I did not cave into my mind giving me negative energy. 

This week I will push forward; drink water, eat properly, exercise daily and stay focused on MY GOALS. 


NO BUYS – Well Saturday I went to the Outlet to the Nike store for new walking shoes.  I looked across the parking lot and there was Ann Taylor, I picked up two dresses.  I needed to encourage myself reward myself for pushing forward.  Sunday after Chris’s dinner Jayden and I picked up a couple pair of sandels.  I am back on track. 

Funny Things Jayden says :  Jayden was riding his bike at Chris’ party and he walked over me and said I need a bike hat.  Other’s looked like what, but I knew immediately that he wanted a ‘helmet’.  I thought it was SO funny.  Or is it a grandma thing.

Next thing not funny but it amazed me:  Ariel was telling me that the day before they had gone to a water park and that Jayden liked it a lot.  Well Jayden knows he has told me he didn’t like the water at the Beach because he had said it was “cold and nasty”.  As he listened to Ariel tell me how much he like the water at the water park he looked at me and said “it wasn’t the beach”.  I smiled because he knew I had talked a lot about him not liking the water at the beach.  He wanted me to have a clear understanding that he still didn’t like the beach. 

Oh one more thing, when we stopped at Target to pick up new shoes, he choose his second pair because they looked like boy shoes.  When we were leaving the store we ran into a church member, he wouldn’t talk to her, but when she asked what he had in the bag he quickly pulled out his 2 new pair of shoes.

I have so much fun watching him grow up learning things.  I am so grateful to God for blessing our family with him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment