Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Through the Storm


Lord through the storms of life you are there, you protect and guard over us through it all.  I am so grateful for Your wall for protection and favor.  Thank You Lord !
July 26, 2012
                                                                  
Well yesterday as we began our walk/run it began to rain.  It poured but no we did not hear thunder or lightening.  We proceeded to walk and the runners kept running.  At a point the walkers turned and retreated as we could not longer see in front of us, we got in about 1 mile.   But low and behold the runners pushed forward and completed their race.  We all were successful in that we started and we made it back safely.  The walkers waited under shelter until the runners returned. We are a team J  !  We the pictures above you would never know we had been through a rain storm.
A couple new ladies joined us Praise God 
                                                                 
My dinner meal consisted of a bowl of vegetarian black bean soup.  It was pure deliciousness.  I also had a salad.  I noticed that since I did not do a complete workout I had some hunger pains, usually after a full workout I have not been hungry for food and replaced the meal with a smoothie/protein/fat burner.  I listened to my body and made a healthy choice.  I felt it I had gotten he smoothie later on in the evening I would have got an awful craving.  I am listening to what works best for my body and it is successful.  I had my soup and salad and a bottle of water.  WOW sounds nothing like my previous meals of Wendy’s double burger, large fries and diet coke.  I tell you I feel less bloated and I have energy.  My choices are those that keep my body running effectively and turning away from foods that run me down and make me feel miserable. 

Tomorrow is the 5K walk, a few of us from our NCBF Team will be participating, and it will be I first so I am excited.  We have to be there early.  If I complete it in time I will do an 11:00 a.m. workout and weigh in.  This sounds like a lot going on, but when I listen to the sisters that surround me, it is what they do too to stay fit and healthy.  Someone one told me YOU DOING TOO MUCH in a joking manner, and I laughed and I thought I am, but it is sooooo much fun. 

As I mentioned yesterday I want to incorporate some other things in my routine; jump rope, planks and weights, I also plan to do the bleachers at Heights at least once a week.  I am working to build my endurance, I want to run.  So I know I have to build up to it and work at it. 


Tonight starts my weekend ! At Nulife friday evening workout is with the camp owner Miesha.  She calls it Happy Hour,and boy do we have a party.  She brings it, the excitement, the laughter and makes the workout   high energy but fun.  She pushes us by way of her excitement, it challenges us to do more.  Can't wait to Get It In.


I picked up some vitamins today at Heinens’ which were 33% off.  Nice discount.  But they did not have other vitamins I needed so I will stop at Weber’s and pick up a few more.  I plan to get a manicure this weekend as I could not fit it in last weekend.  A little pampering is good.  I am going to play around with my braids that will be real cool.

Remember feel free to comment and subscribe.  If you need info on any walking/run activities I discuss comment me. 

See ya !  

No comments:

Post a Comment