Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Being Prepared Helps to Stay Focused




LORD you are so worthy, so marvelous and so holy !  I magnify Your Holy name.  God You never fail me, You protect me and provide for me. I need to grow stronger in my faith and go grow deeper in my relationship with You. I thank You for renewing my strength and allowing me to encourage myself and others.  Thank You LORD.

Yesterday was marvelous, simple marvelous !  I followed my meal plan closely and only went over my 1200 calorie goal by about 19.  Around 3:00 p.m. in the afternoon, is when I begin to want to go crazy and tempted to go off track, so I found a go worker who had some healthy fresh fruit.  Fruit has natural sugars and I had not had my fruit for the day so I counted the fruit as my fruit for the day and as my afternoon snack.

Today I planned better for my eating, I have a afternoon snack of an Organic Green Super Food- which I got from Whole Foods this morning.  It is 210 calories but loaded with really good nutrients. I will eat ½ for my afternoon snack and the other ½ for my evening snack after I work out. 

Speaking of working out, yesterday’s workout was challenging.  I took a Motrin while I was at work to help my body.  This may sound crazy but it helps until my body adjusts to this routine.  This morning I picked up a knee brace and a ankle brace for my right side.  I want my ankle, knee and foot to have extra support as I am still recovering from my broken foot. 

Yesterday I drank 80 ounces of water.  I was proud of myself as I am not a water drinker.  I have only had water since last Monday.  On Saturday I did sample some ice tea and I had diet soft drinks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment