Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Rant and Praise - more Praise than Ranting :)

Walking Team on Tuesday 9-11-12 @ 6:00 p.m.  - I walked about a mile - I have an injury 
Icing my aggravated ankle - 9-11-12 - Lord I want to run on Saturday Race for the Cure !



Lord help me today to be NICE !  I was faced with some drama, that I didn't need.  But I was expecting it, but still find it hard to believe that people are so ungrateful.  Ungratefulness bothers me but I know I am dealing with man and man will disappoint.  I find it hard to believe people always have their hand out but don't feel the need to help others or even speak up to come to the defense of others.  It makes me feel under valued, and taken advantage of.  But again I can't make people treat me nice.  What I can do is remove myself and not allow myself to be used or swallow my pride and apology and keep it movin.

Well just as I was writing this today I got an important phone call and it was some of the best news I have gotten in a year.  It was the call I had been waiting for and it is over.  This rocky storm that I have been facing is coming to a close this week or the beginning of next week.  So I am grateful, I am so very grateful.  I cannot allow others to upset me because God is working in my life in a special way, showing me His love.  When other's aren't grateful I must continue to show gratefulness.  I cannot allow other's to take the JOY God gives me.

Last night I woke up about 2:30 a.m. to left leg pain.  My heel and ankle were hurting for no apparent reason.  I did not twist it or anything.  It is not even the foot I broke.  So this evening when I met with the walking team I walked 2 miles.  Feeling like a failure, because I enjoy a good workout.  I guess I have been doing too much recently.  Blondell gave me ice so I could ice my ankle while I waited for others to come across the finish line.  Tomorrow I will let my personal trainer know so my workouts can be adjusted.  I want to be able to at least walk in the Susan G. Komen race, right now my ankle is swollen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Today’s session with personal trainer was tough as usual.  My left ankle is swollen and in minor pain, I have been icing it, elevating and taking pain pills.  During the session he modified my workout to avoid so much pressure on the ankle.  He feels the lunges we did on Monday may have aggravated it.  This morning I had mixed feelings I felt successful at doing a 2 minute plank without shaking with good form.  My body is definitely stronger to maintain the hold.  But yet when I had to do women’s pushups I did horrible, I explained to him that I have not had to incorporate pushups in my routine.  Well today I did.  They were not perfect, but I am sure he will continue this and get my body ready to do them better.  I do know that I am stronger or I could have been a mess at the planks.  Also today instead of stepups to keep my heart elevated I did a cycling bike, WOW WOW WOW !  I rode it 3 times for 2 minutes, doesn’t seem like a long time, unless you are doing the 2 minutes.  I was on there thinking shouldn’t two minutes be over by now.  But again the planks showed me what my body could do.  When he first asked me to do a plank weeks ago, they were a mess, I was a mess, I couldn’t handle the two minutes.  So all these things will get better with time and work. 

As my cool down I did 8 minutes of the stair climber, this is the roughest, toughest cardio I have done.  But I absolutely LOVE it, what I love is when it is over I feel so good and successful.  This machine kicks butt for real, sweat drips like crazy, it is funny how I am not jumping all over the place but it is cardio and burning.  I have been use to jumping jacks and other cardio moves to get the heart racing.  In eight minutes I burned 289 calories.  YES !  On Monday I burned 208 in 8 minutes.  Amazing ! Amazing ! 

Monday I decided not to return to Nulife and renew.  The cost was a lot and I now see I don’t have to work that hard to burn calories.  Personal training is teaching me to work smarter.  I will miss Nulife, but for this season of my life I am cool.  I will keep it moving, I do appreciate the kick start it gave me.  The trainers there do kick butt, but I am chilling on this due to time, money and I can burn doing other things, like running, PT.  Life Groups and prayer meeting are resuming this week and I cannot keep the pace of boot camp 3 to 4 evenings.  It is time for me to pay personal trainer and I needed to reduce fitness budget.  I want to have monies available for some deep tissue massages.  Also I am a member of Lifetime Fitness and I have resumed working out there, they have all sort of cardio classes, machines, pool, cycling, sauna everything.  Everything except a indoor track for running L  Oh well I will work it out.  It’s cool.  I have options.

Today I picked up a copy of Cycle magazine.  I am going to do some research and save up for a bike.  I plan to be ready for this by the spring of 2013.  I need a comfortable old school type bike.  Comfort is crucial, comfortable seat.  I will ride on path by my house, Cumberland and up to Cain Park eventually venturing to other trails.  I am a bit leary of riding in traffic.  This will not work for me J  I am excited about this, and look forward to cycling.

Pray for Life Groups Fit for the King begins tomorrow night.  I am excited, we will be doing a nice ice breaker that will allow us to discuss fitness and what the word says about our vessels.  We will be making yummy smoothies, I picked up some peanut butter today.  I will pack up some of the items tonight which will be exciting.  We will most likely do a light weight workout as my friend is making me a music track for a cardio workout.  I am grateful or we will do a Zumba tape, or who knows we may go outside and walk the neighborhood. 

See ya !


No comments:

Post a Comment