Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

I Prayed for Deliverance !

9-5-12 - After 4 mile Run at Shaker Trail - We are training for the Susan G. Komen Race !
                                  Ariel Ballard and Vanessa Jordan
Below are photos of our pre workout smoothie- not to yummy but they are                         nutritional and fuel the body for a hard workout !

Lord I asked You for deliverance and deliverance You gave me.  You showed me in so many ways.  Lord give me the courage and strength to push forward. Lord I want to serve You and be a vessel .  Thank You for placing purpose in my life.  Thank You for the blessings along the way.  Lord thank YOU. 

Last week the Lord used another sister to help me realize my deliverance.  My deliverance in living as a healthy woman.  The Lord uses her to minister to me and I am open enough to listen.  She was explaining her deliverance from food addiction and through her journey I realized I too was delivered.  It was a freeing  moment for me and I accepted it and since then  I am seeing my journey through the eyes of a delivered free woman.  I then read another woman’s blog and she described herself as a FIT CHICK I then accepted that.  Then on Monday 2 women I talked to discussed their new feeling of being spiritually, mentally and physically good.  I also accepted that.  God used these three incidents to let me know I am living the life He wants for me.  This is my life of abundance, feeling good and serving God.  WOW !  WOW   I am not saying by any means that I am perfect but I am feeling good about me. 

I enjoy and have a passion for encouraging others to be fit and live a healthy lifestyle.  God has surrounded me with women with similar interest that encourage one another.  I am praying that FIT for the KING allows woman to connect with God spiritually and take on honoring their bodies. 

Yesterday I got a special blessing in the area of training.  I thank God for this.  Amazing story to add to my journey.


Now here it is fall is coming and it is getting dark earlier so our running/walking schedule is changing.  We will continue to Get IT IN  !  I will keep you all posted on the what’s going on of fitness.  I am ready for what God has in store; it will be exciting and inspiring.  Stay Tuned.

Yesterday we made pre-workout smoothies at work.  They were good; we will do the same today.  I have posted photos of the process.  


Protein powder, Chai ground, flaxseed ground

adding fruit - mango

added bananas - yummy 

adding peach slices, strawberries and more mango

adding spinach 
adding coconut water


finally added spinach and then we are blending -
oh yes I also added almond milk

This drink gives me the protein and nutrients needed for my 4 mile run .  I have found I have to fuel my body if I expect it to function and burn energy.  I must but good clean foods in my body.  


My friend/co-worker ran with me yesterday evening as we are preparing for the Susan G. Komen race on the 15th.  We did 4 miles and it was an amazing experience.  It was rewarding to me to see her do the run and at the end appreciates the run and the time she had invested in herself.  I thank God for this !  She now feels more confident to do the 5K on the 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment