Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Remembering Monica Bellamy


Monica a year ago today - Missing You !
This weekend a year ago I traveled to Grand Rapids to attend my cousin's reception.  It was one of the best times of my life.

Monica, Nique and I shared a hotel run.  Now Monica lived in Michigan but we all wanted to be together so she stayed in the room with us and we hung out all weekend.  This day we had some of the best quality time ever.  We did girly stuff.  She watched me while I did my makeup and for the first time ever she asked me to do hers.  Now she use to be a makeup artist so I am amazed at her request, I remember her watching me in the mirror apply mine.  I said to her why and she said I like the way you do it.  I know I know !  We GOT each other !  We appreciated each other's gifts and talents.  We encouraged one another.  Well this is the night of my after photo, I was rocking the makeup and the look and she was right there watching me pull the look together.  When I finished my make I did hers and she loved it.

I miss her so much !  I remember that weekend like it was today.  I remember on that Sunday she got sick and did not have her medication, we found a drugstore and the pharmacist knew the seriousness of her medical condition and he gave her enough meds for the weekend.  We were so grateful.  You see Monica really never talked about her medical problem, she didn't want to be a victim, she wanted to live life with no limits.  She did not want us to baby her so she didn't talk about it much.  So when she passed away we were shocked, left without her and missing her.  Well the other day her mother called me from her phone and her name came up in my caller ID, oh how I wished it was her, so badddddd.  Her mother was using the phone because her was broken, I had to call her back on it one or twice and Monica's voicemail came on.  It said this is Monica from Special Occasions........., I heard her voice and I was excited but also so said.  God give me peace with this, I miss her so much !  She was so special to our family and me.

I always want to call her and tell her stuff we use to talk for hours, hours and hours.  We use to run around shopping and do everything.  She showed me I had talents with my hands and that I was creative.

She always let me know she was proud of me, always !  I want to tell her about my running because we would talk about it, it mattered to her.  It didn't bother her to listen.  I enjoyed listening to her things as well.  We cared and loved one another.  Yesterday her mother and I talked her mother is alot like my mother, very kind hearted and loving and keeps God and family as a priority.

Monica I love U

No comments:

Post a Comment