Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Preparation for Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure



Deliverance ! Deliverance !  Lord I want to thank You for who You are.  For creating me as the person I am.  For caring for me and the sacrifice for my sins.  Lord You  amaze me.  For being the true example, my hero.  For never leaving me alone, I love You.  For giving me a second, third and so many chances I can’t count.  For picking me up dusting me off and allowing me to move forward.  For allowing me to be a vessel for You Lord.  I want to thank You above all. 

Yesterday I ran  and I ran and I ran.  I ran a 4.18 mile in 00:57:08 minutes.  Yesterday’s group was much smaller maybe due to the rain prior to the run.  The weather for perfect for running, I noticed I sweated much more.  I pushed on through the run, reminding myself that God gives me the strength to run.  As I ran the scenery was so lovely and I went into thought about God and how he created this beauty and I was a part of it for those minutes to admire it and be grateful  for all that God has been for me and others.  I must say my focus was so good, I noticed when my focus was on God and goodness my run was less challenging.  God amazes me so much. 

Today, Arielle (co-worker/friend) will be running the Shaker train in preparation for the Susan G. Komen race for the cure.  We are both pumped.  She texted me yesterday to say they had mailed her t-shirt and bib, hopefully mine will come today.  This is her first race, I am so glad she will be a part of the team.  She rides bike, treadmills and does Zumba.  She is a fit chick so she should do good on the trail.  I believe she also power walks. 

I am excited about today, as I completed another workout with my personal trainer Eric.  He gave me lots of motivational speeches this morning.  He told me my right hand is my weaker hand and to lead with it during lifting.  I am like REALLY I don’t want to.  I was thinking this of course not saying it aloud.  We did arms, some cardio and hip and thighs. He was proud that I had lost 3 lbs last week.  He kept telling me this and I was encouraged.

Today for work, we are making healthy smoothies.  I will take photos and upload.  Arielle wants to see how to make them, I make them daily for breakfast and most days for dinner.  Another coworker makes them too so it will be our afternoon drink prior to our 4 mile run. 

The smoother will  consist of:  veggie: spinach, fruit:  pineapples, apples, banana, and mango
Protein:  protein powder, ground chia, ground flaxseed  Fluid:  plain unsweetened Almond milk.  I usually use coconut water put I ran out of supply.  I only brought a small container because I was not sure if I liked it.

It’s going to be a healthy happy day !

Drinking my proper amount of water is my goal for today.

P.S.  I made an appointment with my dermatologist I have an awesome breakout, I know it is because I have gone to bed with out taking my makeup off properly, and I need to clean my makeup brushes LOL  I will clean the brushes this weekend.

Love on others today, encourage someone !

No comments:

Post a Comment