Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Susan G Komen 5K - 40:44 YES


                           Susan G Komen Race for the Cure - 9-15-12 with GoneGirlGo     

                              My last two race finishes:    40:44 9-15-12    42:03-Labor Day
Team Photo Race for the Cure : finished 40:44 YES

Lord I thank You for perfect running conditions, and surrounding me with inspiration.  Lord you blessed us today.  Lord You gave me to strength to race with a slightly injured ankle.  Thanks for all the survivors that we present and God bless those that have passed away !  Prayfully our efforts helped the cause and will result in a cure !

Where do I start ?  Today was an awesome day !  It started off without incident.  I did as I had planned, I made a powerful protein smoothie to fuel me throughout the race.  I prayed for strength.  And I took 2 Aleve LOL

Parking was easy for me I got there early $5.00 was reasonable.  But there was a nearer garage for 2.  Oh well !  As I approached I saw the REAL runners running the streets warming up.  Inspiration at it's best.  They came to race to compete and I respect that.  I will get there LOL

As I got to the location I put on my Team Captain Hat.  I organized the run for the team of GoneGirlGo and I took it seriously.  So I waited on 18th and prospect as each and every member came.      We were all excited anticipated the race.  There were thousands about thousands of people there, just masses of people.  Zoe took photos I will upload when she uploads them to facebook.  The crowd did not scare me as I thought it would.  Why, most likely because I was prayed up and I have participated in 3 other races this summer so I knew the format.  Line up and take off, look to the left and right for passer byers so you are not knocked about as everyone finds there pace the crowds dispatches.

I kept my pace.  Andrea Wallace is definitely my pace partner and we ran the race together.  Only speaking to each other a few times and only a few words as to keep our energy.  Mile one, was hard work, for me that is the warm up.  But as I reached the one mile mark the timer said 12:24 I was totally grateful, I usually run a 14:00 pace so I was definitely on course and in a good pace.  This encouraged me to push on.  I had been concerned if I could run because of my foot and I had not run this week due to my ankle.

Mile 2 was a trip, so hard knowing you have 2 more to go, but as I have been trained I think about how far I have come and don't focus on the remainder.  Bt this point I was focusing on those around me reading their t shirts of inspiration, memorials to love ones and friends.  AWESOME, it almost brought me to tears.  I was blown away by the love in the environment.  Also there was a fantastic band at 2 miles and there was a african american troop of females who were teen and preteen cheerleaders.  There energy excited me I always love cheering as I use to be a cheer leader.  So in turn I gave them high fives and pumped them up.  They loved it !

Mile 3 is the most almost mile I know.  It is down the road and I expect it to be there, I expect the crowd to be there.  At the finish a older guy came up to me and began talking, now at first it annoyed me because I had little energy to talk, I was conserving for a strong finish.  Then he said thank you, thank you for your pace, he said he had been behind me keeping pace with me and Andrea and knew he could make it if he followed us.  You never know who you are encouraging.  So many people went by me that had encouraged me with their strength that I did not get to thank.  When we crossed the finish line he came to me and Andrea and gave us hugs.

Now let's go back !  As Andrea and I approached the finish line I saw the digital timer, I knew this race was not being time for me, you had to pay extra for them to time you.   So I looked at the timer and saw 40:44 as I crossed.  I rejoiced in God.  I finished about little over a minute sooner.  For competitor this is WHAT'S UP !  Seeing improvement.  Now of course, running for the cause was critical but runners like to know their pace improved by race time.  I was grateful !  Everyone was pleased with their race.  Yes there race, when you compete you compete against yourself and do your race.  Running another's race or being over concerned with other's passing you gets you off course and ruins your race.

We had an awesome team !  We did a television shoot with Ramona from channel 19 it will air today.  Hopefully it will be on YouTube and I can upload.  She is one beautiful lady !

Now you know we went to lunch, FLYING FIG.  We all had omelets and potatoes, best omelets EVER !  We had great fellowship and encouraged one another and discussed God's goodness in our lives.  It is always nice to be in a group of same minded God loving people.

Zoe blessed me with the original copy of our team photo for being the Team Captain.  I was excited.  I went to Office Max and got copies to give to all in the photo.

Now I am at home and there is a mouse in my bedroom ! OMG !  See ya off to get traps.

Oh yeah my coworker Arielle Ballard ran with us, we had been training at Shaker, she has lots of good energy.  I like her alot.

THANKS TO ALL MY TRAINERS - BLONDELL HINTON - ERIC PRICE AND TERESA BROWN YOU ALL PUSH ME TO GET STRONGER

No comments:

Post a Comment