Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Mind and Body Working Together

9-9-13 Shaker Trail in the Rain - Thank You Lord !

All Praises be to God !  All Praises be to God !  ALL PRAISES BE TO GOD !  Lord you continue to amaze me.  Why do I worry when you constantly show me you love me and provide for me.   Lord You  your protection covers me constantly.  I am so grateful and I thank you in advance for  your plans for my life. 

Registration for Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is this Saturday and registration is going well.  If you would like to walk/run, jog or trot  please register with the team of GoneGirlGo.


Yesterday’s sermon was so on point for me.  Through the last 6 months God continues to show me his promise to never leave or forsake me and to provide for me.  There have been times when I have been uncertain about my security, finances, etc.  When  I  realty be still and listen to God in obedience leaving the fear behind he shows me.  This morning I had mail on my table that had been there since last week, in fear I didn’t open it, but I didn’t throw it away.  I was not at a point to open it, this morning I heard the voice of the Lord say “go ahead I GOT YOU “  I also heard the voice of my deceased mother say “fool open that letter “  LOL  So I went with the courage of the Lord , I had to remind myself that God was with me and had not forsaken me.  I opened the letter and to my amazement it was good news.  It was news that was far better than I could have imaged.  It was GOD !  I thought about yesterday’s sermon, and the words of bible saying I will never forsake you.  Through this I have another testimony, more confirmation of God’s goodness to energize me and push me on to Kingdom bui8ld.  I want to always stay humble knowing that God has a hand of favor on my life.  It may not appear like it from the outside but God has given me PEACE with my life and for this I am grateful beyond words. 

This Saturday the Team of NCBF women GOT IT IN in the rain.  We ventured out into the elements of nature in the rain.  We left home knowing it was raining and what we were in for .  But you see we knew God would be there to carry us through.  That’s what makes this team so special.  So we were not afraid to face nature.  And just to let you know it was 7:30 a.m. on a SATURDAY MORNING.  I say this not boasting but to show as an example that there are NO EXCUSES.  I am learning that there are no excuses.  Blondell herself even said she did not think no one would be there and at least 7 of us showed up and GOT IT IN.   As I prepare to  facilitating Fit for the King I am trying to nicely work in how I deal with excuses.  Yesterday I spoke with a woman  regarding fitness and she had excuses.  I use to have them so I DO understand.  Training with Personal  Trainers as helped me so much to leave the excuses behind and push past my comfort zone, leaving the weak behind.  I do not want to hurt feelings even as I type this I am wondering how I will deal with excuses in group.  I now understand one major reason Blondell was placed in my life, she encourages through her example and with kindness and with passion.  Thank You Lord for placing her in my life in preparation.  Because I want every woman to feel encouraged and walk away feeling great about their fitness wanting to come back and be successful.  I want them to be able to embrace the benefits of clean eating and develop exercise as a habit.  I want them to be able to see themselves as worthy, strong women created by a God that loves them.   Lord bless Fit for the King and every bible study group in the world.

This am at 6;55 a.m.  I was GETTING IT IN at ALL ABOUT U FITNESS.  Eric, PT was full of energy, good energy.   He had me do lunges with knee pads on across the parking lot.  Knee touch the ground.  Amazing !  It was good to be outside and take in the fresh air of the morning.  We then  worked with weights and I did squats.  I love squats but I don’t let him know LOL  I did 3 sets up step-ups and did 3 sets of chest presses.  My cardio at the end was the stair machine.  I had never ever done this before in life.  He told me to look out and explained that  I would more in 8 minutes of these machine vs 10 minutes of treadmill.  OK OK OK it was challenging but well worth it.  I dripped sweat, I know actually get off on sweating (I know I’m weird).  I did 8 minutes and burned 208 calories, 10 minutes of treadmill  burns 60 calories at 3.5 speed.  I walked out of there feeling strong and capable.  My mind and body are working together now.  I could tell when I was doing the chest presses, they have improved over the weeks.  My squats are good, he showed his assistant my squats and said they were good and done correctly.  Thumbs UP.  He encouraged me by telling me I was strong and a hard worker.  I was pleased. 

Enough said about this !

My eating is improving, I have been doing well.  Today I am pushing water, I picked up mint leaves and put in my water with a dab of lemon juice.  It is really good.  I drank a ½ of muscle milk before I worked out and made a smoothie to drink on my ride into work.  I have a salad for lunch.  Dinner to be determined. 



No comments:

Post a Comment