Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Nique and Me !


Today was another wonderful day. I had a productive day at work and was able to stay on top of my tasks. I brought some items to prepare my weekly salads from Heinen and Trader Joes. I brought more Perrier. I then went to Penzy and brought a few new seasoning to accent my foods. I have found that proper seasoning makes food taste especially good. Penzy's motto is "Love People, Cook them tasty food". I agree, healthy tasting good food is a major way to show your family love. I picked up taco, fatija, minced garlic, sandwich sprinkle and ginger. I am basically using chicken and turkey as my meats and turkey does not have much taste so I have to jazz it up. My family enjoys our dinner hour, we spend the time talking, laughing and having fun. Jayden spends his time, throwing food around and then eating the rest. He tries really hard to communicate with us during the dinner hour. It is really fun to watch him, he likes to make us laugh. He now will point at his high chair and mumble eat. I LOVE it.

Nique works some late evening so are evening we see each other are limited to about 2 evening per week night then the weekend. So I decided she and I needed some one on one time. So tonight we went to Sushi Rock and had a wonderful meal. During the meal we got to share and catch up on one another's lives. We got to laugh and share stories about my mother. I feel she and I share the loss somewhat equally, so when I talk to her I know she understands and misses my mother and Chris as much as I do. We both hurt and miss them but we carry their memories, which is important. It is good we have one another. Nique and I planned her 25th birthday party which is in November. She wants a 80's party she was born in the eighties so she relates. We both love Madonna, Queen Latifia, Whitney Houston and so we talked about how we would incorporate these icons into the party. We discussed locations and have narrowed it down to 2 venues. She was pleased that I was excited about her desire to have a party. I want to celebrate her life with her. The Flower Factory is closing and now has 20% off so I will pick up her plates, table clothes,etc this weekend and store them for her day.

I talked to Ms. Briana who always makes me laugh. I love her spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment