Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Does victim mean weakness?



Today was an enjoyable day. With God in the lead I was able to do God's will. I was able to help others and be helped by others. I struggle with others helping me, I do not like being the victim in any situation. My last view years has made me a victim to tragedy and loss. I see now that pride gets in my way of allowing others to help me. I step in and want to save others all the time. But when others want to help me I shutdown or ignore the help. I press on in misery carrying a heavy load. God put other's in my path to help me.

I have interpreted being a victim as being weak. I admire strongness in people and prefer to be strong. Accepting words of encouragement and support from others is not weakness, it is God's way of showing me love.

My work as a social worker prepared me to help others. Growing up as a minister's daughter taught me to help others. Watching my mother serve others taught me to help others. My life has been built on helping others.

Today I had prepared a salad for my lunch, had low fat mac and cheese from trader Joe's for lunch. Special K berries for breakfast. Dinner was curry rice with lobster. I had a few mint cookies for desert. Perrier water is now new found treasure (delicious). I have not had Pepsi since the first week of January. Red meat and pork are out of my diet. Lord help me to continue on this path. I need your help Lord and the support of others.

I write this blog to get my feelings out. Maybe it will help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment