Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday !!!!!!!



I love Saturdays ! I love getting up early taking care of business ! It is a day of taking care of business ! My day had a shift in change and I kept it moving and got with my program. Today was very enjoyable, I am exhausted but pleased that I had yet another productive day. The weather was fantastic. Tree, me and another cousin hung out did some shopping. We went to the Flower Factory they have a store wide liquidation going on. I was able to get Nique's plate, etc for her 25th Birthday. She selected her colors, turquoise, black and silver. These colors worked out well, it will be coordinated nicely.

Today was my second time having someone come in and assist me with my house work. LOVE IT ! I recognize I need ongoing help with mopping, dusting and organizing. I am grateful to God that I found someone, she needs the extra funds and I need the extra hands.

I prepared Turkey Tacos for dinner. I shared dinner with Tony, he worked hard today to complete my bathroom. It put the plumbing in the tub today, this was a tiring job for him as he had to go to Home Depot twice. But he was pleased with his work, he said "it worked right the first time". He was pleased that he did not have to go over his work. He takes pride in his work which I like. Tomorrow he will put a sealer on the tile and clean the tub. Then I can begin to put items in the bathroom. Now this is the good part, pulling things together.

I found a excellent item today to pay tribute to my family. I will work to put it together within the next week or two. I was also able to salvage one of my mother's pieces of furniture. I will be painting it with a low luster black paint next weekend. She would enjoy knowing I am saving as many pieces of her furniture as I can. She knew I liked contempory styling, and said I would sell her furniture, so about 3 or 4 years ago she sold most of her good pieces of furniture. She said she felt she didn't have much time here and that she wanted to enjoy the money. She said if I felt you wanted it I would save it for you. She was funny ! So the pieces I have I want to refurbish and keep.

Breakfast : Egg McMuffin and orange juice Lunch: Cheese Pizza , Pink Lemonade
Dinner: Turkey Taco, Mango Juice

Oh yeah, I found a really good buy at JC Penny's, I didn't go there to buy, but it was perfect for my bedroom, and it was on sale and the clerk gave me a 10 dollar off coupon. Tony will hang it for me tomorrow. My bedroom is a place of peace and comfort.




No comments:

Post a Comment