Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"Tell Your Body Yes" (Toya-fitness Guru)

All Praises Be to God ! God you blessed Cleveland with wonderful weather. We needed it after so much rain. I am grateful for everything, the rain, the storms and good weather.

Well, Well, Well ! My holiday weekend was packed with fun. I attended the Black Expo and got some Whipped Shea Butter. It is the Truth ! WOW ! I am gonna find this vendor again, hopefully he will be at the Buckeye Festival and I plan to get a large one, I only got a small one. It is the best, I am a big Fan of coconut oil and shea butter for my skin. Now I can include this Whipped Shea Butter. I also did Larchmere Street Festival, it was awesome, they had drummers outside performing which gave a very nice atmosphere. I found a jewelry designer that was creative and on point with her designs. She took the time to explain the pieces and give me the orgin of the beads. Her prices were VERY fair. I have some orginial pieces to add to my collection. I love jewelry, whether it is costume, custom or made my me. Jewlery frames the face and adds so much character to an outfit. I have on one of her necklace and earring sets today. I am loving it. I like choker length necklaces and this one hits the top of the cleavage. Don’t like that, so I will be shortening it this week. At the Black Expo I brought two pair of earring, a fusha and yellow pair. I am adding color to my wardrobe, YEAH !!! Olivia mother was not much for colorful clothes, but she would accent some color J She didn’t wear much jewelry, but she would add color with her purses and church hats.

Friday evening I went to my favorite resale store. I am totally loving this store. It is my FAV, big Fan ! I got 2 dresses, and one was a Dana Buckman (sp), a skirt and a pair of Capri type pants. The skirt still had the price tag of 55 bucks on it and I got it for 12, it has a Bohemenian (sp) design to it. Perfect for summer. They were having a 20% off sale on items that had a orange sticker. Of course, I didn’t find anything that I liked that was on sale L On the fourth I wore a romper/pant I got from the store previously which was 6 bucks.

Forever 21: I love, love, love Forever 21 accessories. That’s it they are the bomb. I picked up an amazingly beautiful necklace for $8.80. Yes, it is beautiful. I guess I should take some photo so you can see J I will be starting my You Tube channel soon.
I tend to frequent the store as they put out new things every week. Their items are so cheap, I hate to say cheap, but they are cheap in price and made very well. Actually a pair of earring I got from Forever 21 were $5.80 and at Francessa they were 14 bucks. The exact same earrings, not similar but the same. Now I love Francessa, but really !

A new favorite of mine is the White and Black store at Legacy, I only got one pair of hoop earring from there but I love their combinations of white and black and fusha. You know I refer to these as my diva colors, my bedroom and bath are these colors.

Makeup update: I picked up a couple colored liners from Milani. They are waterproof so I can put them on my waterline. They add some color to the eye and brighten the eye. Did I pick up anymore make up, I don’t think so, but I have been using my LeFemme blushes, they are really pretty, really pretty. I have 3 colors, a orange, plum and a fusha. I will be using some Elf blushes this week, I picked up some a few weeks ago and forgot I had them. There is a pink shade I really need to be using before summer is gone. Dominique was gifted some Elf eyeshadow Books the smokey and the neutral pallet. Her comment was I am “coming up”, she is funny. She loves the colors and is doing well applying her colors. I gifted her some Wet & Wild nail polish.

June Fav : Mac eyeshadow Arena (sp) I have been using it as my browbone highlighter, it is givng me what I need LOL it allows crease more definition when using the my dark deep browns. It sandwiches the color, if you know what I mean. The Mac sales lady help me work this THING OUT. Yes she did. She also suggestec I use a different color paint/primer which brighing the lid area. Got to love and respect Mac Professionals. I don['t use all Mac by any means, but I do have some items and alot of their items in my collection are go to pieces. For example their bronzer is the bomb. I love Sephora and drug store items and NYX. But what Mac offers me is hands on and the ability to really sample and have the professional walk me through the steps. I usually go way before they get busy, because when they are busy, all this one on one is not happening. LOL I am interning as a MUA so I have applied for my Mac Pro card, which will enable to me have a deep discount and purchase Pro items that are offered to Pros. Excited about this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, I ordered some NYX Matte Lip Cremes. NYX has made a Matte lip colors that are getting rave reviews. I ordered a Amsterdam (red) and London (nude) to try out. They are none drying but a dab of shine is encouraged. Also it is encouraged to exfoliate the lips before using Matte lippies :) I will let you know how they look, I think Matte red will be lovely. Now Olivia would say NO to red, she absoultely hated red, no red clothes and definitely no red lipstick on a woman. In her day red lipstick was for hookers ! So when I apply it I hope her little voice in not in my ear saying "TAKE THAT OFF". She also felt red did not compliment dark skin tones. Well Olivia, I'm wearing it LOL

I also gifted Dominique some jewlry from Simply Chic. Really, really nice jewelry. Dominique wore a pair of the earring we got alike from Charming Charlie. She looked adorable in them. She had curly flowing hair and the earring really did her justice.

I walked Euclid Creek with Ariel on Sunday and I walked Garfield Park on the 4th of July. Garfield is two miles compared to 5 miles at Euclid Creek, but my fam wanted to do Garfield so I hung.

Lord willing, I will be doing True Image tonight and walking with Sis Stephanie at Euclid Creek tonight. I am asking the Lord to give me strength.

Eating : My holiday eating was good I had veggies, watermelon, salad. Now in addition to that I had about 4 bones ! I have not had pork or red meat since January 1st 2011. But I had 4 bones over the course of the entire holiday weekend, and some chicken. I had ½ of an ice cream sandwich. So overall this was good, no guilt associated with my eating, now that even better. I worked out every day over the holiday weekend burning burning burning. Saturday Ms. Toya worked us out, she is CRAZY, but that’s why I LOVE that woman. She is the Truth is workout, Guru. She is no joke, she is the business. Her new thing is “Tell your body Yes “. From the time she walks in the door til she leaves the music is pumping and she is all cardio. Everybody knows she means business, she is not mean, but she is serious about working out. When you are giving up and feeling like you can’t she encourages you by saying “Tell your body Yes”. It worked for me, I got about 10 more full jumping jacks in LOL LOVE HER ! For real I love her spirit and what she stands for which is excellence. She pushes you to do your best.

Now here it is: This week I lost a total of 4 pounds. Which is a total of 43 big ones. When I walked out of True Image I gave God His glory. It is unbelieveable, but I know I serve a mighty God that can do anything. He is lifting me out of my hole of depression and giving me what I need to push forward in life. Exercise gives me energy it motivates me. I thank God everyday for blessing me and not forsaking me. I still need to lose some more weight, I had gained so much over the past two years, my weight exceeded more than I had ever weighed in my entire life. Therefore, I have to lose some more to be healthy. My cousin is losing weight and exercising too. I am so grateful to God for her wanting to eat healthy and exercise. God is able!

I know this was a long blog but I had a lot to cover ! A lot to get out. Writing helps me so much, putting it out there is therapeutic for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment