Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekends I do love them !

God you are so amazing to me. I love you because of who you are, the creator of everything. I want to thank you for your favor, grace and mercy.

This weekend was amazing. I had an opportunity to hang out with friends and we did girly stuff, SHOPPING ! We went to a resale store that I love and we were able to pick up some nice items. I actually have on one of the skirts today, I had a top in my closet that works well. Actually the top is from NY&C and I purchased it with a deep discount 2 months ago, at that time it fit tooooo snuggly, but it is a good fit today. Praise Him !

I walked this weekend, Saturday I did my 5 miles alone, but Sunday I had an opportunity to walk and fellowship with 2 of my sisters in Christ. We had excellent fellowship. The walk is so nice and long, and rewarding.

Well Saturday at my weigh in I lost 2 ounces, YES 2 ounces, but I praising God for that. I maintained and did not gain. Not quite wure why there was no significant weight loss for this week,, but I didn’t sweat it. I pressed on went on my walks and continued to give God his glory. Saturday I went to Smokey Bones with my friends and got ribs, baked beans (sugar) and brocilli, yes the brocilli was like me saying I am watching what I eat, and I was because back in the day I would have eaten French friends. The meal was excellent. Saturday is my day to eat something I want, last Saturday I did Red Lobster. Saturday night I went ballroom dancing. I am getting better J I did not have any mixed drinks, which are high in sugar. I had a diet coke. I danced and danced and danced, it was great fun.

This morning I decided to weigh in to see how I did over the weekend, WELL I was down at least 1.5 lbs. Which was real good. Yesterday I ate only one meal which was a salad, on Sundays I don’t do breakfast, at lunch time I was in church and when I got out I was not hungry, so I didn’t eat until after my evening walk. This may account for the lost of weight. I will see. This morning I had eggs (protein) instead of my usual oatmeal, I didn’t want anything heavy. I will have some fruits or something light for lunch. I have a big bottle of water to drink today J J J

Oh yesterday’s sermon was awesome. God ministered to me as a single. The minister was real in his approach.

I am excited about my upcoming weekend and vacation. Prayfully I will have a blessed week and I will be able to bless someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment