Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

1-10-12 It's a New Day, New Mercies !



Lord I magnify Your Holy name. You are my everything. To You I am so grateful. You have given me life so abundant and a life of peace. Thank You! Bless my family and friends, bless leadership everywhere.

Today has been a productive day. I have accomplished plenty. I am feeling at peace with things for today. I have faced some things that were upsetting but I took some deep breaths, kept my mind focused on God and kept my life moving in a positive direction.

Tonight I have True Image, I am in need of a good workout, and I need to jump, move, flex and stretch. Yes my body is craving it. I did The Firm video and it was very good, it left me knowing I had worked out, I will continue to firm at home. But I need the company of the people of True Image. The support and bond is magnificent.

Tonight The Game premiere the new season. I am excited, yes I enjoy some TV, I have my favorites that I tune into J I have a productive week planned and my weekend is looking promising; potluck with friends and NCBF worship service. Praise God for fellowship. God designed humans to need one another. God is awesome. I am praying on some special things. God’s will be done.

Ok OK fashion, I have to throw in some things. I continue to go and check out my two favorite thrift stores. This past Saturday, I got a designer label new dress for $5.00, yes $5.00. Now it is a bit big on me. But I can afford to have it tailored to my size. I will wait until summer to have it done, as it is a summer dress; perfect for dinner or a special event. I also picked up a couple $8.00 blazers and a suit for $12.00. I have fallen in love with jeans, so comfortable and I can mix and match tops and blazers to give a polished, well put together look.

Bargain find: I found my makeup remover at Big Lot for $3.50 per bottle. Yes Yes Yes, I could not find it in any drug store. What I am thinking is it is a discontinued item and Big Lot brought them all. In the drug store it cost about $6.00 and on Amazon they are $9 per bottle. So I picked up two I will stop back in after work and stock up. What I love about it is that it is cleans well along with my Clarisonic and the foam is very moisturizing. It leaves my skin fresh, then I finish it off with the cleanser the dermatologist recommended. Retin A is awesome. I can’t say enough about it, at first I was scared, I was peeling a lot, then it taper off and now no peeling. It’s like a new layer of skin.

OK good bye, chat later !

No comments:

Post a Comment