Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Use me Lord ! Use me !





Lord I want to thank You for getting me up this a.m. with my mind on You. I am grateful that you saw fit for me to live another day. I pray for an evening of blessed prayer service and Life Group. Lord I am thanking You in advance for our blessings. Lord send in the hurt and the non believer out tonight in search of Your truth. I desire that others know You and experience Your mighty hand of favor, grace and mercy.

There have been times when I woke up with my mind on a crisis, an upset and my other things. But this morning around 2:00 a.m. I woke up with you on my mind. I was able to sit up in my bed pray and medicate on You. Above all my worries, tasks, etc it was You. Because I trust You to get me through whatever I face today. I remember as a small child going to church hearing the song “I woke up this morning with my mind laid on Jesus”. Back then I song the song but it had little or no meaning to me. I know understand how the saints rejoiced in this song and gave their praises to You.

Our agency is restructuring again. Our leadership is working really hard to keep our non profit agency operating without layoffs. I believe they have the best interest of the agency, but in making some of their decisions people are hurt. I am praying that You Lord will give management the words to approach the wounded. Enough said !

Today and tomorrow are so important to me due to Life Groups. I seek out and come expecting blessings for all of us. During my storm I turned my back to God, in my passive aggressive manner. I came to church off and on as I saw fit. Got some word did some fellowship, but I was mad at God and wanted Him to know it.

When I decided to rededicate my life to Christ I knew I had to seek out a Life Group. I needed a small group of Godly ladies that I could walk through this with. Women who had similar stories and hurts. I found them J This time last year I was at home over weight, in bed and depressed. This year I am much better. Never Would have Made it Without You, I wiser, I’m better ------ I guess this will be one of the songs my lil Jayden will remember as he matures. That’s the song grandma use to sing.

No where in my imagination would I have thought I would be an assistant in Fit for the King, nor the face for True Image advertisement. God is showing me to depend on Him and do as He instructs and He will pour out blesses. I do realize these blesses are to be shared in order to help others. I relate so closely with the feeling of being miserable with myself that I can sense it in other women. I want to be able to encourage and cheer them on in their journey. Because what I have found is that I am working on making peace with God and myself. And in doing so my daily worship has magnified. God gives me what I need to carry a message or lead a Life Group without nervousness. So I ask God daily to keep me humble, and to keep my head up --- looking up to God. Living in God’s purpose feels real good. Use me Lord ! Use me !

Beauty Tip for today: 1. I brought in water, I dislike water, so this is a challenge. Water keeps me ticking. 2. My mother always always gave me her honest opinion about my appearance. So now when I walk out I rely on mirror and lighting. I have 3 lights on my makeup table that help me enhance things LOL My maginifying mirror looks closely and helps me with blending, and making sure under eye concealer is on correctly. I have undereye darkness and wrinkles so I have to real careful with the undereye, for real, for real ! I have posted a picture of my makeup table, mirrors and lights.

2 comments:

  1. Vanessa, reading your blog is becoming a regular part of my routine. I love the way that you "conversate" with the Lord, but give Him all the honor, respect, and praise that He so rightly deserves. I am also touched because I can relate to the fact that you turned your back on Him because you were angry. I was too and I didn't want to every admit it. Thank you for helping me break through that wall of anger. I know that I getting back to where I was with Him, but I needed to acknowledge my pain to myself. I love you girl and I am so glad that we are able to connect through our writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One last thought that I had...how could I have been so angry with Him when all He did was love me through my pain?

    ReplyDelete