Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Tonight is the Night !



Lord I enter your house in Thanksgiving. Praise Your wholy name !






Every now and again I step out to the Disco, nightclubs, Jazz sets to party and celebrate various occasions. Some drinking may be involved and certainly some dancing. I have always enjoyed going out, when I was in my twenties I was the queen of disco. I would party almost every night of the week. Throughout the day leading into going out I would prepare myself with high anticipation. I bubbled over to get out and be on the scene and put my best foot forward with style.



Now I have the same anticipation for tonight's prayer vigil. I am excited, I have planned all week to be there. I cleaned up around the house this morning, washed a load of clothes, and plan to Fast (my dinner meal). Never would I have ever imaged that I could have these same feeling for our annual prayer vigil. But I do ! I am giving God His glory, worshiping, praising and in prayer. God has been so good to me, turning me around giving me a second, third, fourth, (you get the picture) time. Tonight I will celebrate the Lord that gave IT ALL for me. The Lord who washed about my sins ! The Lord who taught me to forgive and move on ! The Lord who healed my broken heart ! The Lord who promised I will see my love ones again !




Oh Thank You Jesus !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment