Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Break the Cycle


Let's Break Through


Lord Your mercy and goodness amazes me.  How You give me peace through everything.  I want to thank you for everything.  Everything Lord !  I trust You with my life.  You continue to allow me to feel Your presence Your love Your grace.  Forgive me of any sins that I have in my life Lord.  Break and free me from my strongholds that hinder my service to You.

Well if you read yesterday’s blog you know I had a productive day which offered me peace.  I like this feeling of freeing myself from the strongholds that had me bond.  Again last night I slept all the way through, two nights in a row.  Nothing but God !  Nothing but God !  In breaking free of the stronghold of “putting off” I God revealed to me that He can do anything, but if I cooperate (obedience) my life runs smoother.  Feelings of fear, doubt and depression are lifted.  What He has done for me He can do for You.  Last year this time I had a discussion with God and told Him I would live the life of abundance that He promised.  He so wants me to have it, but I allowed fear to block my focus of what GOD promised.  I wish I had a microphone for the world to hear this J  We are our own worst enemies, what I imposed on myself was a nightmare.  When I talk about my stronghold of “putting off” “avoiding” “blocking out” the real things that I have to take care of.  I was digging myself deeper and deeper.  God is working in me to let me know I’m coming up.  He offers me HOPE.  Entering into God’s presence and giving, surrendering, offering yourself in obedience is awesome.  Let’s work to do it.  We all struggle BUT God is there for us.  Give me your feedback and thoughts on this topic.

Going further, strongholds in my life have been the major cause of my overeating.  I have said this is my blogs of this week, the cycle of unhealthy eatingI eat because I am depressed and I am depressed because I eat.  The feeling of being out of control in your eating, eating when you are not hungry.  Eating to feel the void of an empty place in your life.  The pounds pack on and before you know it you have gain; 10, 20, 30, 40 pounds.  We all know the pounds can pack on daily, 4 or 5 ounces here, tomorrow a pound.   The scales go up and up. 

Take the time to really care about yourself and the body/temple that God has given you.  We know overeating leads to so many food related diseases, we know the deal.  We really do, we have been educated and for those that haven’t reach out and let’s talk.  Leave me a comment or you can inbox me on facebook.  God needs all of you, He needs Your focus to be on Him and everything else will fall into place. 

Beauty Corner:  Spring is here and summer is around the corner.  Get out take a long walk with a friend or alone.  If you walk with a friend have good fellowship in your chat, encourage one another.  If you walk alone, put her headphones in listen to some uplifting worship and get moving. 

I have found in my routine that getting up, standing up to walk out the door is the hardest part, getting into my car to drive to my boot camp is the hardest.  Just putting my focus on it is the hardest.  Now this is just me, but I am sure you can relate.  Once I am engaged in the exercise of my joke it is a feeling of accomplishment and success.  So go on out and get up and move.

                                       
Be careful to wear decent walking shoes it makes for a more comfortable walk.  I tend to wear Ryka, they are a brand walking shoes they are made by women for women.  Sorry guys I have no suggestions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment