Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Just Do IT. Then Do IT Again !


Lord God You are everything to me.  I am so grateful for Your love.  Lord protect my home, my family and friends.  Build us up, give us strength as we do your bidding. We want to be persistent in all the good that we do.  Lord we need  You.  

FOCUS, MOTIVATION and ACTION – Lifestyle Change

This week I have written about what gets  us going, what inspires us to change.  Changing the way we think is about 80% of the battle.  When we begin to think positively, knowing that we can do what we set out to do, we begin to put things in place to make change. 
                                                                          
One of this week’s blog focused on Motivation.  I uploaded a motivational quote “Motivation is What gets you started -  Habit is what Keeps you going”.  I am a Pinterest lover and I pinned it to my page.  I got an overwhelming response of 40 repins.  Great Right !  Normally quotes I pin receive 1 or 2 repins 4 the max.  Allowing what makes motivates you to turn into habit can be a good thing.  Habits means turning something into a lifestyle change.  When something becomes a habit we do it routinely.  I have practiced the habit of eating the same breakfast for nearly 6 months.  I have strayed away here or there but it is my habit.  Before breaking my foot, I practiced the habit of working out 3 times per week. 

Habits that make for a success weight loss: 
  1. meal plan-put together healthy meal menus
  2. chart what you eat
  3. chart your weight, preferably in the a.m.
  4. workout regiment – 3 to 4 times per week
  5. drink 8 glasses of water per week
  6. always eat breakfast with a good protein; egg
  7. pray daily asking God for strength

  • I know there are others but this is some things that should be in amongst our basic habits.

FINALLY TAKING ACTION
     Let’s say you have focused in and got your mind wrapped around the need to live healthier.  And you have found your motivation.  It is now time to ACT.  Depending on your needs you need to get up and JUST DO IT. Whether it is workout videos at home, power walking, boot camp, treadmill, you choose what works for you and your medical and physical needs. 

    Get up and do it.  You are definitely worth it, your family is worth it, that outfit you want to get into is …………………………..   You get the picture !

                                                                                  

Tomorrow walk is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Euclid Creek, meeting near the basketball court.  Come on out and let’s DO IT !




Please let me know in the comment box, what good habits as far as fitness you have incorporated into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment