Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ready OK - Let's Get Fired UP

Encourage Yourself and Others
                                                               
Lord help me to trust You in the good time and the bad.  I want to be a clean vessel to be used by You.  Trusting Your will for my life is crucial Lord.  I have to stay out of the way and allow Your will trusting that You have a perfect plan for me.  Lord forgive me of any sins that may be in my life, remove any character flaws which do not allow me to do Your bidding.  Lord I am grateful for Your Love Your Mercy and Your Kindness.  I am thanking You in advance for all that You do for me, family and friends. Lord I am humbled by your power.  Thank You

I'm Blogging I'm Blogging - I'm Guest Blogging in www.gonegirlgo.blogspot.com  (check it out)  - Yeah Yeah  
I am so grateful to all my followers old and new.  My prayer is that when you clicked onto my pages you gain a sense of my love for the Lord, and witness his power in my life.  My testimony brings hope that God can do ANYTHING.  So again thanks for spending your time in my blog, it is appreciated.
                                                         
READY OK - LET'S GET FIRED UP - Way Way Way Wayyyyyy back in the day,  I was a college high stepper at CSU.  Our job was to keep the fans energized during intermission.  Prior to us stepping out on the floor we put in many hours of practice getting ourselves ready to motivate the crowd.  In between the first ½  and the second ½ the floor was our stage.  We put our best foot forward and did a real good job.  Many ministers talk about the “dash” when performing eulogies.  The “-”  is between the part in between, the substance of our lives, defines our character.  ex. 1959-_____.  You get it !  I hope so.
                                                                 
It is about what we do right here, right now on earth that we will be remembered, our legacy so to speak.  I am working to live a life that promotes posivity, peace, passion and purpose. 
                         
Our high stepping performance played hand in hand with the cheerleaders, we gave them a break to regroup and get reenergized.  I always remember when they would initially walk onto the floor they would shout out very loudly “READY OK” and "Let's Get Fired Up".  Everyone then new it was time for the game to begin or resume.  We all offered what we had our gifting to support the team.   You see God uses people in different ways to keep things progressing and moving forward for Kingdom building.   Whether the team won or lost we were there to keep them lifted.  The basketball team and coaches would tell us that when we did not travel with them that they missed our support.  This also helped us to feel valued.  But even if we weren’t there to support them they still pushed forward to win. 

Know that God will use you in various ways, so don’t be surprised by what God can and will do in your life.  We can all be cheerleaders………………….. !!!!

Healthy Lifestyle:  I continue to exercise and seek out healthy individuals to surround myself with.  Within a day or two I will be posting my treatment plan, which will include goals, objectives and interventions (you know I am a social worker, RIGHT J  ).  So yeah, I will be writing a plan of treatment to address my fitness goals.  It will be useful and hopefully you will be able modify it and make use of it in your life.  It always help me to write things down, it makes it more real to me. 

Beauty Corner:  Well I am on a “No Buy”, is this difficult? Yes.  I have made a commitment to myself to not buy any beauty products until July 30th. I plan to use up my supply and my backups.   But not to worry I have enough beauty products to rant and rave about for the next year. 
Mac Oh baby 
Mac Zoom Waterproof Mascara
Benefit they're Real
                                                                                             
I will speak today about the two items Jayden got me for Mother’s Day.  Mac Oh Baby Lip gloss and Mac Zoom waterproof mascara.  RAVE:  How did my 2 year old grandson know Mac Oh baby is the absolute best lip gloss in color and texture.  My cousin Monica who lives in Michigan introduced me to this lip gloss 5 years ago.  I have several lip glosses, but Mac Oh baby is the one that never falls me and I reach for it on the daily.  It is natural in color with a mere hint of color with a lil bit of shimmer.  Oh baby is the business.  The texture is a bit sticky and goes on flawlessly.  RAVE:  Mac Zoom waterproof mascara.  Now Mac Zoom is awesome, but it is a close runner up to Benefits They're Real mascara.  Mac is a tad bit liquidity in texture and when applied properly gives a baby doll eye effect (evening eye).   Verses Benefits They're Real mascara (day look) which gives a good day look, it separates lashes giving a really natural long and extends the lashes nicely.  I was in Ulta one day with a friend (Ms. Nicole) and I asked the makeup artist what mascara she had on and she said Benefits and so based on her recommendation I purchased it.  It has not let me down.   So I guess I would say both masacre’s are equally good Mac Zoom being a evening look vs. Benefits They're Real mascara being a good day to day look.

Goooooooooooo Team !! Let's Get Fired Up !   It felt good going wayyyy back in the day LOL

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vanessa. I got away from your blog but I am back. Let me know about walking at Euclid Creek on Saturday's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andrea cool. I will FB you with info.

    ReplyDelete