Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What Motivates You ?





http://www.godvine.com/Man-Barely-Able-to-Stand-on-his-Own-Does-the-Unthinkable-Amazing-1476.html
******First please click the above link and check out this guy, who had such odds against him.  His story is one of motivation.  Video should inspire you, if not, let's talk :)


Lord I honor You and feel Your favor, grace and mercy.  Lord I thank You for what You do in my life and the lives of people I love.  Lord I love to watch You work Your amazing work.  I love to see You do what we know only YOU can do.  To fix broken hearts to rebuild lives, to motivate us to push on.  Lord I will serve You til I die.  I marvel at the day I see Your face.   Thank You Lord.


Focus, Motivation then Act

What Motivates YOU ?
Building on the last two blogs, we will explore MOTIVATION.  Once I find my focus and become centered and I have made my mind up to do it.  I am at the point where I am pumped, fired up and ready.  We tend to find our motivation in different ways.  Some are motivated by wanting to become healthy; to come off medications.  Some want to feel better about their self image; losing weight to be slimmer and trimmer.

For myself, and I am just putting it out there, keeping it real, REAL.  You know me I’m transparent.  I like to look and feel my best, to be my best person at age 53.  When I am on my treadmill, I can go into a zone of thinking about how I will look in my new dress.  Now that might’s be what I should be thinking, oh but I am.  But in a good way.  Looking your best, being physically fit and taking care of the body God gave us is a good thing.  I am not a vain person by any means, but when I want motivation I go right to how I look.  I do feel that this is true for a lot of us LOL  Come on now !

Now maintaining motivation over the long term is quite a different story.  Going into maintenance for me is my most difficult struggle.  I do absolutely well in the initial stage it is after the loss that I begin to slip back into old habit and my new habits sneak away daily.

We will explore maintenance phase on another blog, as it needs special attention.

Beauty:  I am on a “no buy” and doing really well.  I must admit I did purchase a $10 ring from a lady that sells jewelry.  I was supporting her black owned business LOL
For me this is good, within the last 2 weeks, a ring only.  I am focusing on things that I have, cherishing those things, and using them. 

Reminder:  Walk is every Saturday, Euclid Creek at 8:30 a.m., lower end of the park by the basketball court.  Wear comfortable attire, bring water !  Come ready to get a really good workout in.



**********Now just to let you know I am not an expert, not a fitness guru, none of that this is my own opinion.  But these key elements have worked for me. 


Leave your comments and give me your best motivational story.  Feel free to interact in the comment section.  It makes for interesting diaglog and a means to support and bless others.  


No comments:

Post a Comment