Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 2 - Focus: “Wrapping Your Mind Around It”

Lord Thank You for giving me Peace through the storms of life.  Thanks for keeping me close to You.  I am so grateful that You love and keep me.  Keep me focused on Your love for me Lord.

FOCUS, MOTIVATION, ACT 
Yesterday’s blog, began a series of key elements for healthy living and weight loss.  It based on good practical steps that can be applied to almost every area of your life.

As we know, exercise and fitness does not come easy, nor is it something that we just naturally want to do.  At least I don’t.  We have to take steps; both big and small to move toward our fitness goals.  In order to be successful we need to begin by putting our attention on IT; losing weight and maintaining.

Focus:  Focus is where we will put our attention.  Focus begins with what I will refer to as “wrapping your mind around IT”.  Have you ever wanted something really bad, you woke up and went to bed with it on your mind?  You focused in on it enough until you were successful in IT.  Whether it was getting the job, finishing school, buying a home you focused and got it done. 

**** Focus on God - Now a key element in this is putting God in the center of our focus.  Incorporating our desire to be fit into our prayer life.  Honoring our bodies as vessels that glorify God.   Focus on God, and ask Him for strength to take on this challenge.

***** Focus helps us establish good habits that will help us meet our short and long term goals.  Focus puts you in a position of gaining control over poor habits.

******Let’s begin by first focusing on how we want to look and feel.  Close your eyes and image a thinner, healthier you.  Take a before photo of yourself, place it in a couple spots, on your desk, dresser/vanity, refrigerator.  Then weight yourself, and measure if you like (I never measure).  This is where you begin to chart (see yesterday’s blog and print log).

Let use the tools and take the road to success 
Now you have began the process, you have “wrapped your mind around IT”.   

Tomorrow we will continue in this series.  I pray you have been inspired by this blog, and feel more equipped to get started or continue in your weight loss challenge. 

I have included a few tools that will assist you in keeping your focus. 


Thanks for subscribing and following Olivia’s Daughter.  Please leave me your comments and any suggestions you may have so that other’s may be blessed.  Talk with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment