Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Reduce Your Sugar Intake

WOW


LORD LEAD AND GUIDE US.  GIVE US A HEART TO FOLLOW YOU.  LORD I ASK YOU FOR STRENGTH AND PEACE AS I GO THROUGH THE STORMS OF LIFE.  KEEP MY FAITH STRONG SO THAT I CAN WITNESS OF YOUR GOODNESS !

Yesterday the women of Fit for the King took our first walk of the season at Euclid Creek.  We all did the 5 miles, the time went quickly as we talked, laughed and shared our various motivations.

Last week topic was ; Focus, Motivation and Action (feel free to go back and review)

This week the topic of discuss will be "What We Put Into Our Bodies".  Just to let you know that in order to lose weigh you have to burn more calories than you take in.  It's simple in theory.  Now this week we we apply this rule.

This is where we will begin to write down what we consume on a daily basis including our snacks.  The photograph above gives us an example of just how much sugar is in the beverages we drink on a daily.  WOW !

I remember a time in which I would drink at least three 16 oz of PEPSI per day.  My friends use to tease me about it as they knew it was my favorite drink.  Well I don't drink PEPSI anymore, I drink diet COKE, BUT I do know I need eliminate it from my diet and drink 8 glasses or more of water per day.

The photo above illustrates the sugar in drinks only, think about the cakes, pies, and other sugary treats we consume.  This is where focusing comes into play.  Keeping this illustration in my mind this week will help me focus on drinking more water this week.

My mother died from complications to being a diabetic.  She was a long time diabetic and had managed the diabetics with medications.  After her heart attack they removed the vein/artery from her leg and the incision on her leg would not heal.  It got repeated injections, one after another. The injection attacked her spine and she could not sit unsupported in a chair.  But at the end it was the diabetics that was out of control.

My mother was a diabetic first, stroke victim second and then heart attack victim.  My father was diabetic and had heart disease, high blood pressure and prostrate cancer.  As I list all my parent's illnesses they are all but maybe one food related.

So my message to myself and to you is to decrease the sugar, fats and food heavy in cholestrol.  I am sure some of you can relate to a family history of poor health related to food.  Yesterday one of the ladies explained to me that a certain form of cancer feed off sugar.   I was shocked and this help confirm to that we are what we eat.

Since September 2011 I have made a point of eliminating as much sugar and flour from my diet as possible.  Now this has not been easy, it is definitely a process; which I have to have God for strength. I have to workout,  I write this journey to help me with my journey.  I fall off as I am an emotional eater, but I don't give up.

This week let's reduce sugar, flour and fat in our diets.  Let's commit to living a healthy lifestyle.  Let's plan our meals and stick to it.  COME ON YA'LL let's do it.  Then Do it Again, it will become habit forming.

Beauty Tip -  Last week I did not focus much on beauty products.  And I must admit I missed it.  I have begun another blog through SQUIDDO which I will be doing more fashion and beauty type blogs, where I will be doing reviews/fants and raves.  I currently have 2 beauty related ones; The Maxi Dress and the other is pertains to eyeshadow on a budget.

Beauty and fashion blog
http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/OliviaDaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment