Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Goal Setting



Lord give me strength !  Strength to face this day, Lord keep me close.  Reduce any anxieties.  I want to Trust You in everything.  Having fears and anxieties mean I have not fully given it to You.  Lord Bless my home, and my family, keep us safe and continue to provide. I am grateful for what You have done for us.     Keep us Lord ! 

It is Monday morning, and it’s a New Day.  In this day I will practice trusting God in everything.

Alright – Alright !  It is Monday, we all have an opportunity to get our week off to a good start.  Opportunities to do better for ourselves and others.  Let’s start off this week; eating healthy, exercising and working on our relationship with God.  Last week I promised to put together a form to help us chart where we want to be and document our successes along the way.   I will refer to it as the My Goal (let’s keep it simple). 

Let me explain the rationale of setting goals.  It keeps you FOCUSED.  Focus in one of the number one rules of weight loss. This one sheet of paper will help keep you focused and it will also MOTIVATE you.  It is so exciting to me when I chart my weight loss.  I see it, because sometimes when we first start to lose we don’t see it in the mirror, or our clothes don’t show it. But it is there on paper, adding up week by week.  Also even if there is weight gain, your goal sheet should quickly help put you back on track.  My Goal sheet has worked to make me get up and exercise, because I chart my workouts also.  You see I like to see success, I have to be reminded of my success, I need to look back and say oh when I did this a few weeks ago I lost 3 lbs, so I need to try that again.  So it pushes me to ACT. 
                                                                  
Three key principles to reaching your goals:
*FOCUS
*MOTIVATE
*ACT

I will attach the goal sheet, you can feel free to copy it. If you have problem copying it give me your email address in the comment box.  Tomorrow I will be adding a document to record your meals and I will also offer some meal suggestions. 

We can do this, we need to seek out God and ask him to remove the stronghold of food.  Yes food can be a stronghold.  I will discuss this further in the blogs of this week.
                                                                   
EUCLID CREEK -  WE ARE BEGINNING OUR SATURDAY MORNING WALKS THIS SATURDAY, MAY 26TH AT 8:30 A.M  WE WILL BE MEETING AT THE LOWER END OF EUCLID CREEK NEAR THE BASKETBALL COURT.  PLEASE BE THERE PROMPT. AS WE WANT TO WALK TOGETHER AS A GROUP.  PLEASE CALL ME AT 216-773-9665 IF YOU ARE RUNNING A FEW MINUTES LATE.  WE PLAN TO WALK THE ENTIRE 5 MILES, SO BRING WATER AND WEAR COMFORTABLE ATTIRE.  

__________________________________________________________

                                                              MY GOAL
    Beginning Weight _____________   


    Short Term Goal :  _________________ Long Term Goal:______________________




I will do 4 days of cardio for 45-60 minutes per week (commit to this)




I will do strength training 3 days per week. (commit to this) 




                   Weight Loss (+ OR -)
week 1:  _______________


week 2: _______________


week 3:_______________


week 4: _______________


Let's take a look at your success after 1 month.













No comments:

Post a Comment