Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

One is Not Enough-Addictive Personality




Lord you are so gracious.  Your favor always amazes me.  How you use Your people to help and bless others.  You align things in my life, when I am obedient.  When I humble myself You show up.  Thank You for your favor, grace and mercy.  Lord I am trying !
_______________________________________________________
Please don’t judge me !  Read and be blessed by the content !

I am Vanessa I have an addictive personality.  Really I do.  It Is What It Is!  I write this for those that may identify.  I am calling myself out and preaching to the choir.  I am coming out of my secret closet of addiction.

My addictive personality shows up in my eating habits.  I am addicted to sugar and flour.

Today at work, a coworker brought some cute little sweet cookies.  She invited me to have some, I told her no.  She said one won’t hurt you.  I explained to her that taking one for me puts the taste of sugar in my mouth and I will continue to eat them until they are all gone.  I am going through some things right now in my life and as I am a known emotional eater I will eat every cookie in this place.  I will neglect the salad I brought in for lunch and seek out other foods like pizza for lunch. 

I said all that to say that I cannot have one.  I am working to stay focused and not allowing my eating to go out of control this week.  I am doing everything within my means to stay focused.  Blogging is one of the tools I use to stay focused. So bear with me. 

In addition to being a food addict.  I am a shopping addict. You see addictions takes on many forms.  Some drink, do drugs, gamble or have sexual addictions.  Not me give me some sugar and a mall and I’m good.  But that’s not good for me, because things spiral all out of control.  When I am feeling down and out I need to seek more of Jesus.  He is the answer.  You see the sweetness of the sugar, gives me a temporary rush and satisfaction.  Shopping, buying out of control gives me a temporary thrill.  God loves order and being out of control in my life means things are out of order.

One has never been enough, when I see a dress I like in one color I am searching like crazy to see if there are others in different colors.  And the same with shoes.  I am sick of it.  I am giving it up.  Now I write this blog in my mother’s honor, but I am gonna rat her out on this one.  Sorry Ma !  I learned my shopping habits and eating habits from her.  My dad had excellent credit, he prided himself on it.  I liked walking into anywhere with the power as a consumer to get what he wanted.  I choose to be more like Ma.  She loved to dress me and shopped all the time.  Poor eating I learned from both parents.  I say to say, my childhood habits have to be broken.  They are keeping me from freely serving the Lord, why because my focus is on other crazy stuff instead of the Lord.  I am asking for God’s forgiveness.

I have been on a NO BUY; no makeup, no clothes, no shoes.  Nothing !  I have an abundance of things that I have accumulated.  The plan is for me to not buy and use what I have.  I have been doing ok with it.  I have not been to the mall, I have gone to a drug store and skimmed through cosmetics but didn’t purchase.  Now I do need to pick up some skin care products and I will because I feel this is a necessity.  Check this out, I have back ups of my back ups when it comes to makeup.   The way my addiction works on me is a sin.  A form of idolatry.   Nothing should stand in Your way of reaching out to God and trusting Him to make things right. My mom use to always tell me God is a Jealous God.   

I pray if these are issues of yours that you will take the time to analyze your weak areas, ask God for strength and move forward.


I am praying that everyone has a really safe blessed day and that you feel the presence of the Lord in your life.


Follow my beauty and fashion blogs at Squidoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment