Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 68



Today did not go without incident. It was one of those days, when you get THE phone call, you can't believe it but you go into crisis mode. The call comes when you least likely expect trouble. You know it when you hear it and you know you must react. Today I sat in the same lobby of the hospital where my son died. When I heard the hospital was Huron Road I knew it would bring up memories. I wanted and needed to go. I was there once since that night, it was the night Jayden was born. That hospital held memories of the worse and best night in my life.

At work the other day my coworker's talked about this hospital and that it was a trauma hospital which catered to gunshot wombs from gang violence in the neighborhood. I sat in silence and did not share with them that this was where my son died. I wanted to but I didn't. I didn't want to talk about it ! I didn't want to hear their apologizes, I didn't want to something I would regret. They did not mean anything against me, what angered me for the most part, was that they were telling the truth.

I am praying that my friend and her family will seek God's peace, the peace that surpassing all understanding. In times like these you have to go straight to God. Going straight to God gives you peace and understanding. A calmness that only God can give you. God helped me to keep my mind and allow Godly guidance. I remember looking at Dominique, Ariel and all of Chris' friends in that lobby. God put it in me that they needed to see peace, right THEN.

Today again my mom asked for food, I made her catfish and spinach. She ate 1/2 of her dinner and while I was gone she asked Dominique for some leftover pizza. I thank God for these improvements. She is taking in fluids as best she can. I want individuals reading this blog to pray that God gives me the patience I need to take care of my mom. Sometimes I am frustrated and I am hard on her. This makes me so sad.

God is good today as he was yesterday.





No comments:

Post a Comment