Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 69 - I will wait and see what God says


I must say I have had two of the best days. Yesterday, I had one of those "telephone call" days. You know the calls you get that rock your world. I froze for a few seconds and said I would let the Lord work things out. I made one call. I have not heard anything today, so "no news is good news". Yesterday the news was so shocking and upsetting I stayed home from work. I did not need to be around anyone, I needed to focus my attention on God and letting His Will be done. You know it was a crazy day, I did not even write my blog. I won't talk about it here, because it would be giving it too much attention.

Today I went to work, caught up on two assessments and went on about my day. I have learned that God does handle EVERYTHING! I use to hear the old people say "Give it to God" now I know what they meant. God gives me peace when I should be crazy. I face my day with the Lord in me, around me and beside me. Nothing is too big for God !

I thank God for my life. I have family, good friends and people that care about me. I face each day "Trusting and Believing" in God. God has taught me to be thankful for what I have and to work in my gifting.

Today I sought out a vendor for one of our (4C clients). I stopped by her shop and learned some valuable business lessons. Always pay attention to your customer, take time with them, and be friendly. She was not mean, but she was not engaging. I felt like I was bothering her, because I wanted to possibly purchase a service from her. She handed me what I needed but never took time to really inquire about my customer's need. She sat in her chair working and I did not feel like I could ask her anything because she was busy. I did not get upset I thought maybe she has a deadline or this was not a good day for her. Now will I encourage my client to use her, I don't know. I will pray on it and do as God leads me. Maybe God placed me in this young women's life for I reason . I will see what God says about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment