Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

This is the Day ! Got Fruits !


Praise God ! I thank you for all Your many blessings !! I am grateful to You for providing for me my family and friends.

I woke up this morning with my mind on Jesus and determined to make it to service. I had much to do before 11:00 service. But I was determined not to let anything come between me and God. I was faced with a phone call from a girlfriend, who I had not talked to in a few days. Our phone conversations and go on and on. I talked for about 30 minutes then I told her I had to get ready for church service. Boy was the conversation good, she was talking about her relationship. Tempting, but I let it go. Second distraction, Jayden spent the night and his mom was at home sleep. I called her and told her I would be at her home in 10 minutes with Jayden. Boy, he was so cute but I could not let nothing come between me and God. Then last but not least I had to bathe, feed, change dressings and feed my mom. That is such a big job for me every morning. It takes a total of about an hour or more, depending on if she is sick or just being stubborn :) After caring for everybody else, I took a long soaking bath with my new Lush products. Nice treat and I recommend their products to start or end the day. I say all this to say that I was determined to make it to service, I wanted to make God my priority and I am so glad I did. I needed to hear the sermon. God Fruits !

After service I stopped home to check in on my mom. The fam had taken care of her and I cleaned her up and got her ready for her meal. I then went to Brianna's 21st Birthday Party Celebration. We had good fellowship. I had never been there, the food was good. Brianna is growing into such a dyanamic Little Woman of God. She is now home for the summer. Her spirit is so sweet !! Sis Steph rode home with me, I love her, another dynamic Woman of God.

When I got home I tended to my mom and we talked. She has such a good sense of humor, I look forward to talking to her to see what she will say next. I praise God for each and every day we have together. I thank God for another day of Peace. I want to be still, listen to God and see what he has planned for me. I know He loves me so much, I want to see what fruit I will bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment