Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 77- Trust


I asked for it and I got it. Another day of Peace. God you are so magnificent, you never cease to amaze me. Your power, Your love and Your promise. The promise to never leave or forsake me. You have never left me, You have never stopped loving me. I come to You humbly asking for Your favor, Your grace and Your mercy. Again today I woke up with a prayer of peace in my heart. I don't like the feeling of butterflies in my stomach, and worries throughout the day, about things I can't even control. One by one I give all my worries and to You and you show me worry after worry that You have things in control. All I had to do was slow down and Trust You !

Right off the bat this morning I was faced with worry, what to do, panic ! I stopped and listened to what You would have me to do. It sounds simple, but it has not been for me. I come from a family of worriers. So worrying had placed itself in my life and the worrying kept me depressed and feeling unworthy. These last few days I have been obedient to Your word and trusted You above all other. I love You Lord !

For the past 3 days I have gone into work and did my job with no excuses. Totally focused on my work. This is what God wants me to do is to be a good stewart at work. I notice things are clearing off my desk in record time. I am happier at work ! I realize that when I ask You for things Lord there are things I also need to do, these things stretch me and make a better person.

To finish off my day I made a visit to Simply Chic Salon. Yeah !! What a nice reward !

No comments:

Post a Comment