Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 70 - Prayer Warriors


It is what it is !

I am the type of person that likes to keep things real ! What is real for me might not be real for another ! I am learning that everybody is different, and we all handle life stresses so differently. I try and get along with everyone and I am not confrontational. So when I am confronted I am uncomfortable with it. But I try and learn something from every experience that life brings me. I realize God is doing something in my life and is trying to show me something. So I stop and listen and see what he would have me to do.

I say all that to say, I pissed someone off today and didn't realize it. The person is under more stress than I knew. I learned that I cannot take this person lightly. They are serious and they don't like me. This is ok, but I need to get along with this person. So what do I do next. Well the enemy put some really immature thoughts in my head. The person does not mean that much to me personally, but again I need to get along with them. So I decided to continue to be me. Because I know I my statement was not meant to cause any harm. I do want to represent Christ in everything I do. So I must show this person God's love. But I will define boundaries and stay my distance to stay safe. I don't want to offend anyone and I did apologize. This interaction taught me that this person does not know me nor do they mean me any good.

Thank God for Jesus !!! I am so glad I know the Lord. I thank God for showing me who this person really is.

I went to pray ministry meeting this evening after work. It so good to be around fellow prayer warriors. NCBF is committed to praying for one another. We take the power of prayer serious. I remember when Chris had gotten into trouble, I learned to pray. My parents were prayer warriors so I had been brought up believing in the power of prayer. Now I was the parent and had to pray and cover my family. I really believe God can do anything so I held on to that and asked God to honor his promise. God showed me His real power. Always say I love to let watch the Lord work. I step aside, surrender myself to His will and believe. God loves when you give Him the glory. I don't mind giving Him his glory, because I am nothing but a vessel. Remember tomorrow is National Prayer Day.

After I got home Jayden came over. Earlier in the week I brought him some teething toys. They are brightly colored and he likes them. We played with them a little, then I noticed he was losing interest. He was sleep and he fell asleep so quickly. God continue to bless and protect all the children.




No comments:

Post a Comment