Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 81 - 4C Planning




Lord I continue to Bless Your Holy Name !!! You are so worthy Lord ! I trust and believe You Lord ! Thank You for being everything to me ! Lord help my mom ! Help our situation ! I want to continue caring for her. I need your help and direction.

Today was good for me. Work was work, I continue to stay focused on my daily tasks and I am being productive in what I do. Everything seems to be going smoothly. We have not been that busy this week. This is the quiet before the storm. Our work comes in waves and we know what is coming.

Today I realized more than ever that I love event planning. This is my second career. Today I student ask me to give her a couple of pointer on event planning. She is writing a "how to" paper about "party planning" and it needed to be at least 800 words. Well don't you know my few pointers turned into me doing the entire assignment. I wrote this paper in about 30 minutes. Of course it ended up being over 1,200 words. Writing the paper came so easy, it is clearly my passion. The person I wrote it for was excited and very impressed. We went over the assignment and she also has a passion for planning. It is an english assignment but it also taught her some key points about professional event planning. She learned some things that she said she would use in her future planning.

My love for event planning pushes me to want clients on our 4C calendar. Not so much for the $ but to have the opportunity to plan and serve. The bonus for me is the $. Getting paid for something I enjoy is such a blessing. Especially when the client feels blessed by the event.

Our event planning business has grown. We are right where God wants us to be. He wants us to be fair and honest with our clients. We want a strong reputation. Because in business your reputation will make or break you. We have learned from one another and we are learning from our business mistakes and successes. We want to do more of what works for our clients. We have the confidence that we can plan and execute any event. God has given us this gift and he wants us to use it to His glory. I want God to work in our business and we do as He would have us to do.

Go Team 4C +1.

No comments:

Post a Comment