Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 76 - Peace Be Still


Another day I prayed for peace and I had peace. I dealt with conflict and worries very consciously. I talked to others with respect and tried to treat others as I would like to be treated. I want peace so I have to do the things God would have me to do to maintain the peace.

I woke up and my mom was not as well as she had been the day before. I did not panic and over react. I did her morning routine of bathing, meds, dressing change, and I went to work. She was too weak to eat. While I drove to work I prayed for her healing and peace. In this situation peace means I maintain my regular routine, going to work and coming home, without her having to go to the hospital. When I got to work and sat at my desk my cell rang and I recognized the number as a caregiver to my mom. The caller said your mom is ok, I made her a pancake with syrup and she ate it all and drank a cup of orange juice. They went on to say she ask for and drank alot of water. I thought to myself "God". I knew that only God could turn that situation around. I stepped out of his way and allowed Him to work His hand.

I got a call later in the day from her caregiver saying your mom just told me off. Again I knew she was ok and God was working. Another day of peace for me and my family. I appreciate everything God gives me now. I never know from one day to the next if my mother will have a good or bad day. Never knowing if she will be admitting to the hospital or not. Or whether she will live or not. This is real and this is how I feel most days. Some mornings I hesitate when I go to her bed and begin to wake her for her bath, because I fear she will be having a bad day and I will hear her moans of pain. I thank God for each and every day she is in my life.

This evening Jayden came over and me and my mom played with him. My mom loves to see him and she loves to mother on him. She told me he was constipated and how to help him, hold him and encouraged me to tell his mother what he ate while he was here and that he was a little sick. This amazes me, but it shouldn't she IS a MOTHER. Every piece of information she gave me was correct. Then she told me to "bring him here", she is weak but I know she will not drop him because she is a mother. I watch closely as she holds him so carefully and kisses him on his cheek. I know she wishes she was herself before her illness so she could really enjoy him. I see it in her eyes as she watches me play with him. Jayden likes her and smiles at her whiles she holds him, he is never afraid because her touch makes him feel secure and loved.

Ariel, Dominique and I continue to plan Chris Birthday memorial. Ariel has chosen the Chopshop. She is having a beach party during the day then the dinner. Dominique is doing a barbque that weekend for family and friends. Ariel put together the invites and she will order a cake, maybe a cake made with his iniitals. She is arranging photographer, Johnny Hollywood who does excellient work. We are expecting a wonderful celebration.

Today I was surprised by Lori Sanders and Cheryl. They are taking me out to dinner for my belated birthday dinner. I thought we were going out for our Girl's Night Out then Lori told me it was for my birthday. I felt so blessed, I don't get to hang out with these two ladies much but when we do we have big fun. I am excited and expecting to have fun and good conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment