Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 74 - Mother's Day/Best Day Ever



Oh my, the Lord is good !!! With God's love I made it through Mother's Day !! I rejoice in God's goodness. Pastor James, Pastor James !!! Awesome Man of God. His sermon ministered to my soul. I am so glad God put me at NCBF. The love I experience there can only come from God. God used Sis Sylvia and Sis Tammie and their children to minister to us through song. The songs were so appropriate. I cried through most of the service, but that was OK, I needed to purge myself. After church one of Chris' best friends and I had a time to reflect on Chris and his memory. Then I met another young man who knew Chris and he did not know I was Chris' mom, when he was made aware of it, he weeped. I was able to encourage both these young men and their love for Chris touched me. Friends at church and friends outside of church, loved on me with words of encouragement. I love the people of God. Their love is so genuine.

Oh my, Dominique took me to dinner. It was awesome, we talked and laughed about almost everything. She has a heart of gold. She brought a card and signed Chris name to it and presented it to me. The words were so meaningful, I know she picked it especially for me. She told me Chris would want me to have it. She told me that Chris always reminded her that it was mother's day, and that he always wanted to make sure I was recognized and loved on. After dinner Dominique and I did a little shopping at the Mall :)

Now moving on to my MaMa, OLIVIA DUNLAP. My best friend. One of her favorite sayings on these type of days is "Give me my Flowers while I yet Live". I practice this with her daily. She has practiced this for as long as I have known her. Now you may not like your flowers but she giving them to you. lol She wanted to go to dinner with me and Dominique which made me and Nique giggle. It was the way she said it, you have to know my mother to know her humor, funniest woman I know. Her best friend and Deacon from her church stopped by, my cousin and his friend and my friend Karen stopped in to make her feel special. She did I was so glad she was alert and well enough to receive company.

I am learning to celebrate life daily. It feels so good.


"Happy Mother's Day" means more
Than have a happy day.
Within those words lie lots of things
We never get to say.
It means I love you first of all,
Then thanks for all you do.
It means you mean a lot to me,
And that I honor you.

But most of all, I guess it means
That I am thinking of
Your happiness on this, your day,
With pleasure and with love.

written by Dominique A. Jordan


No comments:

Post a Comment