Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bad Hair, Bad Attitude !!




Thank You Lord for blessing me and keeping peace in my heart.  Keep me motivated to live in Your will. 

For the past few days I have been down in the dumps.  Not my usually go go go !  I didn’t come to service on Sunday as I was tired.  Yes tired ! I felt like lying down and resting, I did do some organizing around the house and cooked dinner.  I am not even excited about blogging today; and this is ok.  I had a few disappointments last week so it threw me for a loop.  I also have to refer to the first book of James “Count it all Joy”.  Because although I had disappointments I had A LOT  to be grateful.  But because things didn’t roll out the way I had wished, I chose to be down.  And on top of it all my hair is like not working for me J  I know there are those that understand.  With God’s love I am gonna come from up under this rock.  I like the me that is full of energy, love and patience.  I want that me back. 

I called Whole Food this morning to set up a tour for our Life Group, some of the ladies have not been and it would be a good informational outing.  We plan to do a exercise this week to help them learn how to read labels.  I pray that they will have someone available on a Thursday night to do the tour.

Last night I spent some time with Jayden, I hadn’t seen him for a few days.  I heard them pull up so I went to the door to greet him.  It was dark and he learn my voice and he said in a loud excited voice “GRAND MA” boy did not make my day.  When he hit the top of the step he reached for me and gave me a big hug.  So nice………………………  We did a puzzle together and read a book, in the book was a slice of watermelon, he yelled Pizza, it was cut in the shape of a piece of watermelon.  He saw a picture of a bunch of banana and he began to look in my room where I keep bananas.  I know I know……. But he’s granny’s lil man……………….

Weekend: This weekend I plan to have my hair cut and styled at some point.  I will be attending "Let the Church Say Amen !"

Beauty:  I have ordered a couple new products from Amazon.  Maybelline Eye definer, I could not find medium brown in the drugstores, always sold out.  I actually got it cheaper on amazon and with free shipping.  I also ordered a book “good carb, bad carb” 4.99 excellent book, very resourceful nutritional info.  I will be sharing some of the info with the ladies in Fit for the King.  I ordered some Dermablend products and some LaRoche products, I checked my account and 2 of the items arrived today. 

Last Saturday we went thrifting for trendy and vintage clothing.  Well I was able to pick up two skirts from Thrifique (Jewish’s Women’s Council) for 5 bucks each.  I got a pair of brown sling backs for 12 bucks from Clothes Mentor and a really cute two piece outfit from ChelseaChelsea never lets me down.  The suit is a neutral/oatmeal color, the jacket has a nice cut, it is from the 70s, store owner said it reminds her of Mad Men, and it does.  I put it in the cleanser this morning to be cleaned and to have the zipper fixed.  Zipper repair was 12 dollars.  Not too bad for zipper replacement.  She reduced the price from 40 to 30.  Yeah 40 at Chelsea so you know it’s cute J  Now I have to style it, since the color is neutral I can wear, brown, eggplant, coral, blue, whatever.  I will begin to explore my accessories.  I need to wear some funky shoes to enhance the vintageness of the suit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment