Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Step Out the Way


Step Out the Way


Lord I want to thank You for blessing our Life Group in such a special way.  You blessed every woman present.  I am grateful; please continue to use us to bless others. 

I see a difference in myself.  I have stepped aside allowing God to work his divine purpose in my life.  I am surprised at some of the things that come out of my mouth.  I know it has to be God.  It’s like I like myself now J  God is able to better use me at my current place of mind.  My mind is focused on His will and doing what pleasing Him.  Sure I fall short everyday, but I don’t beat myself up, I pray and keep things moving in a Godly, positive manner.  There are storms all around me, I am trusting God’s direction and resources. 

Each lady in our life group was able to report large and small successes, realizing it is God who gives them the strength and courage in this journey.  Dr. Karen spoke to our group last night and she had a wealth of knowledge.  What I found fascinating was the diet she gives her clients and uses herself  “no sugar, no flour” it resembles FA very closely.  She reported the success over the plan even over vegan lifestyle that is for weight loss.  She successes if you are considering plant base lifestyle and want lose to first do “protein lifestyle, no sugar no flour” first to lose then after losing switch to plant base.  Everyone was surprised that weight is lost quicker from a lifestyle of protein, no sugar and no flour.  She even spoke about the addictive qualities of sugar and flour.  I know this but it was good to hear a physician confirm it.  I felt encouraged.  It felt good for me who often struggles to know that this plan is the ultimate in weight loss.   What she didn’t say is that with this plan you lose without exercise, I chose to exercise, simply because I need and want a good challenge to my body, it makes me feel good and strong. 
And I also love the ladies and gentlemen of True Image they are my sisters in Christ and for the non believers in the room we have a chance to show God’s love.

So this information just made my night.  Dr. Karen is very resourceful and so willing to reach out.  Her discussion was so good, we ran out of time.  She had planned to lead us in Zumba, but instead she taught us a line dance.  We jammed, she wanted to demonstrate to some of the ladies who have difficulties exercising that dance is a form of movement.  We prayed blessing for Dr. Karen and truly grateful to have her in our church family.

Tonight I have dinner with one of my most exciting and energetic friends.  We use to walk together and she is a fitness guru in her own rights.  She is planning a dinner “no sugar no flour”.  Tomorrow fun with the ladies shopping and having girly fun.  I am so glad I am a girl J  Shopping, talking, laughing and of course eating.

I thank God for placing me in Fit for the King during this season, I stand in awe of God.


Exercise:  Ohhhhhh  Yes !  One of my best big ticket investments yet.  I rode my treadmill this morning at 5:30 a.m.  YEAH 5:30 a.m.   Day 2 !  2.6 miles, 301 calories, 47 minutes.  Yeah Yeah Yeah   I almost got on the floor to do some crunches and do some arm lifts.  I said almost J  I will begin to incorporate at least 10 to 15 minutes on core; sit ups, planks (I love planks), and using my hand weights to tone my beautifully flabby arms.  Now my BEHIND was sore after the treadmill, I was getting out of my car to go into Heinen’s this morning and CHILD CHILD CHILD, I had to get myself together.  After a few steps I was cool.  I really need to stretch I know better L 


Beauty Tip:  Moisturize under eyes nightly.  DO IT, Yeah !  Invest in a night cream and use it.  I am speaking from my own experience.  I wish I had, now I am J  Basically invest in a decent moisturizer with SPF and a toner.  Take care of that beautiful skin to enrich your look.  It is time consuming but get a routine and stick to it.  Learn about your skin, if it oily, dry, combination, open pores, whatever, get products that treat not only cover.  The products that treat cost slightly more but well worth it.  La Roche (sp) makes products that treat.  I recently began to use I will discuss the effects later.  But I must say even using Roc eye cream my eyes are less dark after only 3 weeks.  Roc products treat also and can be found in the drug store.

OK this is too long, I’M OUT 

No comments:

Post a Comment