Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Random Goodness


Random Goodness

Lord You are magnificent in all that You do.  You have all power and are so deserving of my praise.  Allow me to have a peaceful day, allow me to walk in your perfect will.  Give me the motivation I need to continue in my journey.  Bless my coworkers that are under stress.  Bless and protect our mission’s team as they work to bless others. Keep them safe and in good health.  Praying for the victims in Chardon and their families and the suspect and their families.

Today the weather is so nice and calming.  The sun is shining and I see Spring time coming around the corner.  Spring is my best season of the year.  I love to taking long walks, watching the flowers grow and bloom. 

Yesterday was yesterday.  It is history.  I made the best of it and I am moving forward in today.  I handled some important things and was productive at work.  I honored God in things that I did throughout the day.  I pray that today is so blessed. 

Yesterday some of my coworkers were hit with the restructuring of their jobs.  Some in fear of losing their jobs and some just not liking the feeling of not being appreciated.  One lady I know loves the Lord and we often have church at work, giving God the glory.  She was a part of the restructing and when I asked someone how did she take the news, they said she was the one of the only ones in the meeting smiling. I immediately thought she knows the Lord is a provider and that she is loved by God and appreciated by God.  When we had the opportunity to talk and discuss, she broke out in praise and began to express scripture that she holds in her heart.  She has joy and on top of it excellent work skills and has always been open to learn and change in the work environment. 

Since Chris’ death I very rarely look at the TV news, too depressing.  I hate to see so much violent.  I hide myself from it and have put myself in a protective bubble.  But I do listen to the radio and have internet access so I heard about the Chardon shooting.  As soon as I heard I thought of the victim’s family and the suspect’s family.  My heart throbbed and I had that funny feeling in my stomach.  It retriggers my feelings when I heard about Chris. I tend to talk about my mother’s passing more than Chris because it hurt me in a different manner.  The  Lord can heal their hearts my prayer is that they have a relationship with the Lord, if not that their brokenness will lead them to the Lord.   I pray for the PEACE that surpassing ALL understanding. 

Beauty:  That we know that we are beautiful women of God.  Created by God and know that God gave us ALL gifts and talents that He needs us to use for His glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment