Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Obedience



Lord Jesus my savior, I want to take this day and celebrate You.  In celebrating I will continue to practice patience and obedience.  A day of thanksgiving in honor of You.  Lord I thank You for seeing something in me that I did not see myself.  I thank You for continuing to develop me in my areas of gifting.  I wait on you Lord patiently and do as I am lead.  Obedience Obedience Obedience.

Obedience, as a young adult I rebelled against my parents in a big way.  Doing things that I knew was totally against the way they had raised me.  As you see I said young adult, I didn’t dare challenge them as a teen, I waited til I was GROWN  lol   My disobedience lead me down a path of destruction.  I turned my back on my parent’s rules and most of all God’s word.  I knew what God’s word said, but I knew what I wanted to do, because I was GROWN. 

My disobedience resulted in me being in several SO WRONG relationships.  For a period of my life I did drugs, I went to bed with my morning pick me up on my night stand.  You see I leaned on drugs and WRONG relationships instead of God.  I spent over 25 years in the WORLD living as I saw fit.  That was a long time to be out of God’s will, as I reflect I know it was my mother’s prayers covering me that kept me and God’s plan for me to one day to be a living testimony. 

I have no earthy parents, no husband, just me !  I think about this sometimes and a rush of fear comes over my body.  Then within seconds I realize my Father sits high and loves me more than I could ever imagine.  This instantly comforts me.  My number one fear as I grew up even as an adult was losing my mother.  I could not image life without her here on earth.  God prepared me for the day in bits and pieces and when her day came to depart I was relieved.  Now that’s God !  God shows his power in such different like ways to me.  He shows it in such a way I know it is Him carrying me. 

I will continue to practice obedience and patience !  I know how living outside of God’s will looks and I don’t want any part of that.  I use to have a lot of what ifs; what if I had stayed connected to God at age 18 how would my life look now.  That’s the past and I can’t do anything about it but learn from it and move on.  I am thankful I know God for who He is right now. 

Tonight is Fit for the King, my continued prayer for the group is that each and every one is blessed in a special way.  That they leave feeling a sense of hope and a deeper knowledge of God’s presence in their life.  I pray that they are successful and as a result are motivated to continue their journey of a healthier lifestyle.  I pray that they see God’s reflection in themselves and know that God made them and created them unique from anyone else.  That they seek out their gifting and use it to glorify God.  I pray for leadership as we lead by example, continue to allow us to desire a healthy lifestyle.  Build our knowledge and creativity to keep the class interesting.  Bless our coach as she is a wonderful example of leadership and a wealth of knowledge and she pushes and encourages us to do our best job possible.  Bless her in her journey. 

My FA sponsor has given me permission to have rice/potatoes or yam.  YES Lord !  I am pleased about this.  I have to weigh in tomorrow morning then next Friday, if I gain then I will be taken off, but if I lose or maintain I can continue.  This is encouraging, so now my meals will consist of protein; protein, salad, hot veggie, and potatoes/rice/yam.  This is basically I balanced meal.  I am happy and so grateful. 

Praying a special prayer for friends and family.  Lord You know their needs provide in a special way.  Show your hand of favor, grace and mercy.  Thank You Lord !

Beauty:  I pray that all women embrace who they are and live a life of purpose.  This is more beautiful than any MAC, NARS, Philosophy, Wet N Wild, Milani, Sephora, Ulta, Dermablend that temporary enhances our beauty.  Let us not lean totally on cosmetics but work on our inner beauty. 

I’m getting it in at True Image tonight !  Yeah 

No comments:

Post a Comment