Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Celebrating 160 years of serving families and children 

All praises be to God !  ALL praises be to God !  Lord you reign over all the earth with magnificent power and love.  I am grateful that you are a loving and forgiving God.  I am pleased that God designed me the way that I am.  Lord You know the purpose of my design, so use me Lord.

This year our agency is celebrating 160 year birthday.  WOW.  We are still standing, our agency began as an orphanage.  On our walls the founders and funders hang.  I stand in total respect for these individuals who had a vision for helping the helpless.  Our agency works hard to keep our founders vision alive.  Our agency is restructuring all over the place.  I sit, watch and listen. Our agency has been so good at making necessary changes to keep our non profit agency running.  Change can be hard for us, but we must remember God is a provider and has a plan for each and every one of us.  If my position falls under the restructure I know God is in the plan and I will not fear and trust that is plan is what’s best for me.  I do not want to get so comfortable that I hardened to change and become defiant and disobedient to His will.  I pray that this agency will stand to serve children and families for many years to come.  The work that we do is so special in helping and serving families. 

Our agency is having a Beech Ball which is our yearly fund raiser.  I plan to attend in support of Beech Brook.  Tickets are 100 bucks, but well worth the support to an agency in which I have worked for nearly 18 years.  Our mental health agency has high rating in the State of Ohio for service and compliance.  Our key leadership has worked their way up the rank to Presidents and VP, so they have had experience doing direct care with families and this is important. 

Beech Brook has involvement with Chardon Schools, so when the shooting occurred, BB leadership was called upon to help with mental health services to school staff and youth who witnessed the tragedy.  None of the victims or gunmen were BB clients.  The head of mental health services for the State of Ohio and the Governor met with our school base leaders to discuss preventive services that could be put in place.  Government leadership is aligning themselves to put more services in place to help our youth.  Praise God ! Praise God ! 

I am fortunate to have good leadership at the workplace and at my church.  It is not easy making critical decisions, but they make it look easy.  I am trusting God and keep leadership in my prayers.  I have never wanted to supervise and move up the chain, it is not me, because I don’t like being responsible for other’s work nor do I like to take work home.  I know my role and respect those that God has chosen to lead.


Beauty:  Fashion Alert : Avalon Exchange on Coventry $1.00 day starts Friday and Saturday.  I am not sure about if it carries over to Sunday.  They have clothing from their store and other Avalon stores that have been brought in for this special weekend.  Pick up trendy and vintage clothing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment