Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Patience

Lord God !  King of Kings ! Ruler of all Nations !  I hold you in awe.  Your power exceeds anything that my human self can envision.  You know me, You created me and love me. You are my   You Lord You ! 

Yesterday, I did something I would have only dreamed about doing this time a year ago.  God is working in and through me to help me along my journey.  I am so grateful. Whatever develops from it I will be content with, I am just happy that I am in a place to even be considered.  God is allowing me to see my opportunities and I pray that I proceed in a Godly manner.

I will now sit still, and wait for the Lord to direct my path.  Waiting with patience knowing that God is continuing to work in me giving me what I need.  I do see that when God blesses not only I am blessed but he blesses others.  It is not all about me, myself and I.  God sees the total big picture. I am so glad that I am in a place where He can use me. 

Tonight is prayer service and Life Group.  I am going with great expectations. 
We have prepared for tomorrow’s night Fit for the King.  We will be helping the ladies to learn how to read food labels and following up for feedback on Dr. Karen’s session.  We will dig in the word and allow God to speak to us.

Beauty: I got a couple of my products yesterday.  Dermablend setting powder to use over coverage cream.  Still waiting on coverage cream.  I am please with the powder, which has to be used with their products, it gives the maximum holding.  My hair is still a mess, I have reached out for an appointment.  WOW

Lord bless my family and allow things to work out today.

1 comment:

  1. Vanessa - what a powerful word! I have to learn to sit and wait too! But I must admit it is hard when you want to push forward and go! Thanks sis for the reminder...that I must pray each day for order, direction, strength, humility, grace, and mercy. Our God is so big...his lovingkindness is better than life. As the Creator, only he can activate us. I am glad that you and I are connecting and motivating one another. Be still. Hear him. Then go. Peace

    ReplyDelete