Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Give Me My Flowers and Hugs Now






Lord you are so magnificient.  You grow me daily and pour into me and teach me Your ways.  I want to do Your bidding in Your perfect will.  Lord help me to be Your vessel and keep my focus on Your purpose for me.  Remove any flaws that stand in the way of my usefulness to YOU.

Yesterday I completed a ton of work and cleared my desk.  When my work piles up I get overwhelmed and either put it off getting further behind or I kick butt and keep it movin.  It felt really good driving into work today knowing I had a fresh start.  My department is going through restructuring and two coworkers are leaving our office space to go upstairs.  Our department is tightly bonded so we will miss them. 

Last evening I attended prayer and Life Group always a wonderful experience.  I enter into the sanctuary expecting a blessing.  I had a nice conversation with friend/business partner after prayer. We will be planning an upcoming children’s party.  Elmo is the theme.  We have not been taking on events recently so maybe this will get us fired up. 

Today I will be working out at Tru Image.  I got to get it in.  I am consciously drinking water this week.  After Tru Image we are taking the ladies in Fit for the King to WHOLE FOODS for our fellowship.  We will tour the store and have dinner from the food bar.  This group has really been a blessing to me.  I enter into the group with very lil nervousness, lil anxiety.  This is God, I am not a teacher nor a public speaker so I am stretched, but this is an area of which I am passionate and it is God’s will for me.  Our coach is encouraging and likes that we have put together creative things for the ladies.  In the next couple weeks we have ladies coming in from NCBF that have been successful with weight loss come in and offer their testimonies sharing their successes, struggles and how they have relied on God for strength. 

For Lent I gave up saying negative things in the office place.  WOW – My prayer is that I doing this for 40 days will become a habit for me and help me be a real example of God’s love.  My coworker’s were trying to explain to me that venting is therapeutic (we are all therapist).  But I stood my ground and I will not say anything that can be perceived as harmful to others.  Hey I got to start somewhere J  After Whitney’s death the Lord revealed to me that harmful word and judging others really can be harmful.  Everybody has a desire to be loved and accepted.  I think about if my life was one of a celebrity and turned on my TV to see all my flaws on TV, how would I respond, what would I do.  I would I handle the embarrassment and shame.  To think that my mother would know things that I didn’t want her to know, my children being subject to my craziness all over the news.  So I plan to be real cautious in how I talk about others.  This is a good thing, because this is a weakness of mine and God wants to grow me in this area.  I really am working to understand what do I get out of talking negatively about others.  If I am removing this what do I replace it with.  Kind thoughts, Kind words, YES !  Why wait until someone is dead to see all the goodness in them.  As my mother use to tell me “give me my flowers while I yet live”don't wait until I am dead.  Speak kind words to me now.  





Beauty:  Sensationail by Nailene :  Gel Nails - Yes at last affordable home gel kit with excellient reviews.  Cost of unit was 59.00, CVS clerk gave me a 10 dollar off product coupon and I had a 5.00 off CVS extra buck coupon.  Now check this out, when you buy the unit the register prints off a $10 off store coupon.  So this is a total of $25.00 savings.  Now a good gel manicure can cost you up to 40 bucks, and this kit comes with one color and enough products for 10 full set manicures.  WOW !  The clerk gave me two other 2 off coupons for additonal polish kits which are on sale for 11.99.  Loving it.  I am not one to go to the nail shop, so this will work for me at home.  I have uploading a tutorial with the how to instructions.  Don't sleep on CVS and their extra buck coupons designed especially for beauty products.

No comments:

Post a Comment