Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Battlefield for my Lord !!!!!


On the Battlefield for my Lord and I promised Him I serve Him til I die !


I love the Lord he heard my cry, Lord You are so worthy of the Praise.  I thank You and so grateful for your mercy.  I love You Lord !  I am asking for forgiveness !

On the Battlefield for my Lord and I promised Him I serve Him til I die !  Lord these words ring so true for me and many that serve you daily.  As this hymn was sung I became very emotional and could not the tears.  First because these hymns were the songs of my childhood, which I treasure.  Now I can sing them as my mother did with the same understanding she had for the words.  My mother was faithful to the end and gave God the glory for everything, she praised Him through her suffering and pain.  Her words were always I’m ready, I’m ready.  She was confident that her life was pleasing to God and that she was going HOME.  I have the same surrendering of my heart, I am so fortunate to have had Olivia as my mother.  Her example was above board.  As I stood there listening to this elderly woman sing, God revealed to be that my mother’s prayer was always that I have a RELATIONSHIP with the Lord.  I was so grateful that she knew I loved the Lord before her passing.  The prayers of a mother……………………..

My weekend was so awesome !  Friday I saw Good Deeds, it was so good.  Tyler is amazing.  Tyler is gifted and working in his passion.  This leads me to follow up on Pastor’s sermon, when he said if you are working in your passion you are willing to do it for free.  I know there are things that I am doing now that are so special to me that I can’t wait to plan and do them.  God prepares my heart and prepares me for the task he has set out for me to do.  I was sharing with someone last week that I am not stressed by it that it blesses me.  It was if Pastor was speaking to me.  He is such a good shepherd, I am grateful that I have had a few occasions to tell him this.  Giving him his flowers while he yet lives.

Saturday I took care of such much needed business.  I was able to go see my friend’s mother in the hospital who had a stroke.  She is such a real sweet heart.  She always has kind things to say.  As I was walking away from her bed, she said hey you lost weight you able a size 10, and she smiled.  I said to my friend, she not that sick and we laughed out loud for real.  Her mother is such a faithful woman, she loves the Lord and her family so much.  My girlfriend is so faithful as we left the hospital she said, we all got to leave here don’t we.  I could relate and knew what she meant as she is a Christian and believes in God’s perfect will.  Their family has suffered several significant loses and when this happens life takes on another perspective.  You begin to really know that death happens and that God will heal.  I am glad was I was able to be with them.

Sunday Worship service was amazing.  Pastor was so funny when he said “we have not gone disco”.  Again the worship singer was so awesome celebrating our history in such a manner was incredible and touching.   After service I cooked a really good wholesome meal.  Nique came over and we all had dinner, talked and laughed.  My time with Nique (daughter) is so special to me.  We are close in a special way, because our loses keep us moving and give us special gratefulness to one another.  We get to talk about Chris and my mom and laugh.  Ariel chimes in and we allow her in as she loved them too.  We need these special times together when it is just us.  I am grateful that God gives us the time together in such Peace and Harmony.  Nique has such a peaceful heart; she is much like her father who is a friend to everyone.  That is his major strength he is a good guy and everyone loves him. 

Beauty:  Instead of me and Nique going to Washbi (sp) we ate dinner at home.  We took the monies we would have spent at Washbi and went to Target.  We picked up some beauty products, I got a really nice UP and UP concealer brush and a Sonia Kashi brush.  The Sonia Kashi brush was on sale for 1.73 really good price and I am using it to brush setting power under the eye, it is the perfect size.  We got a ELF bronzer, really nice, for 3 dollars.  When we got back home I gave Nique some make up tips in application.  I gave her some polishes as I am using the Sensationail gel kit.  I always gave her some NYX pigment shadows, and some products for her skin.  It was a lot of fun. 

Oh yeah, Friday I went down on Coventry to Avalon.  Remember the video Whitney Houston was in when she had the motor cycle jacket and the jeans, well that is my favorite look of hers.  Well I found a very similar leather jacket for 22 bucks, unbelievable.  The leather is like butter.  I also got a suede coat which is a Terri Lewis from HSN.  I have always loved her coats and I was able to get it for 20 dollars, yeah it was a real bargain.  The suede is in excellent shape.  It was 24 and we negotiate it down to 20.  I also picked up a velvet ruffled jacket, tag was on it for 115.00 I paid 14.  It is tailored really nice, I am excited about it the designer is escape (sp).  I got 3 jackets in 3 different materials; leather, suede and velet.  The sales lady and I discussed the bargains in the upcoming sale which starts this Friday $1.00 sale.  She said things have been brought in from other stores and they have nice things. 

Sometimes I go on and on !  See ya.

1 comment: