Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Strength



Lord Lord Lord !  You gave me strength to get up and move.  You know I wanted to stay still, and as I laid You put my feet on the floor and moved me.  For this I am grateful ! 

This weekend was cold.  No more cold than any other winter day, but I have gotten use to warmer temperatures this winter.  This will only help me appreciate the warmth that much better.  This weekend I was able to attend “Let the Church Say Amen”.  It was really good and had an excellent story line.  Know the Lord for yourself, no matter what’s going on around you with “church people”  have a relationship with God that is strong enough to carry you through, not depending on man to be perfect.  During the play I laughed and toward the end I cried.  Again really good play.  One character in the play had lots of drama in her life, but said that the things in her life made her the woman that she is today “stronger”.  I related and I cried.   To think that what could have broken me actually has builded me up.  God’s amazing grace !  She also reinforced to the older ladies that we should live a life  that the younger women can model.  Amen !  Oh yeah one of the funnier things to me was the church gossiper, who referred to herself as “messy” and that she was not a gossipier but a mover of information.  Because people have the right to know what’s going on.  You had to be there. 

Superwoman Productions did a wonderful job.  The young lady who produced the play shared her vision and was very transparent.  I love transparency in a person, I always have.  She talked about how much she put into the play, labor and said just last week her phone was shut off.  But she knew God would provide for her and he did and she was able to get her play out to bless us.  I appreciate her sacrifice, I sat there and remembered Tyler Perry saying in his early days he was homeless and Spike Lee using every dime and credit card he had to produce his work.  You have to believe in your dream and move when God instructs. 

After the play we went to dinner.  Excellent conversation and fellowship.  Friendship is important to me and I value each friend I have and work to be a good friend.  We went to Outback, I love Outback because I can build a good meal around my special meal plan and the food is fresh and tasty.  I have been there enough that the one server knows me and can almost remember my order.  Excellent service he really enjoys his work. We had a another young lady that was distracted she later shared with us that something had happened earlier with her family and it was troubling her.  We encouraged her and she really appreciated us not cussing her out for poor service but for encouraging her and pouring into her.  She was shocked at our reaction, this was nothing but God in us working to show her the love of God.  I remember a time I would have asked for a manager, asked for a discount, you know the drill.  She forgot my splendid after I asked her twice and did not bring us utensils.  Well I remember a recent teaching of Pastor Kevin saying we should walk about from these situations blessing people instead of leaving them feeling worse.  After hearing the word application and obedience is important.  This situation blessed all of us.

I am praying a special prayer for friendships and family and for my household.

Yesterday I asked the Lord to give me strength to attend Seed Team after church.  I struggled, because I had not brought my lunch (special meal plan) and I needed to go to the grocery store.  God allowed me to go to Seed Team and there was coffee there.  This worked for me.  I was not hungry during the meeting and had no desire for the food that was offered at Seed Team.  This was nothing but the Lord.  I did not eat lunch until 4:00 p.m.  What I love about this plan is that the foods I eat are so wholesome and eliminating sugar and flour takes my crazy cravings away.  After Seed Team I went to Heinen’s did my shopping and then got some gas.  Then I had to come home and cook it. Nothing but God.

Beauty:  Tomorrow my new vintage suit will be ready for pickup at the cleansers.  I am excited about seeing it.  It is my most expensive vintage buy I always count in the cost of cleaning and repair.  

No comments:

Post a Comment