Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, February 20, 2012

"Walk with me Lord, Walk with me"


Lord You are mighty and worthy Oh so worthy to be praised.  I am so grateful to KNOW You ! You rule in my life and I pray for obedience.  Lord help me through my journey providing what I need.  Allow me to recognize that all things in my life should give You the glory.

This weekend I had a marvelous time with Jayden and Dominique.  We took Jayden to Chuck E. Cheese and he had so much fun.  Each time we go he is less fearful of the Chuck E. Cheese mascot.  His desire to play and run around out weighs his fear of the big mouse.  We got home played and looked through some books.  I was watching some Whitney Houston videos on You Tube and she their were tributes playing on TV.  I was singing along with Whitney, yeah I was singing Whitney J   He looked at a video with me and saw my passion for the video and asked “who is that”, it was a black history moment J  I told him her name and he said WHITNEY he understood for that second that she was important to me.  We shared that moment together and it was real cool. It actually got the his mic and said love youuuuuuu, love youuuuuuu !  I laughed and laughed, because this is what he kept hearing me sing I will always love youuuuuuuuu !  RIP Whitney.  We will always love youuuuuuuu.  I must remember to be this passionate to teach him about Jesus J

On Sunday I kept things simple, I went to Heinen’s after church as I usually do and did my shopping.  I came home cooked a really good nutrious dinner and we ate.  Salad, steak, red potatoes with garlic butter.  Delicious !  I had been invited to dinner, and I would have spent about 30 bucks on dinner and figured that 30 bucks could go toward my groceries.

Sunday’s sermon ministered to me, I am really working to live in God’s will so the sermon blessed me so much !  I often think about as a child when I would go to church and be so not interested in the word, sleeping through it or talking to my friends through the service.  For me right now I cling onto every word listening for something to help me or how I can use it to help others.  I now want a relationship with God for myself, I don’t want to just warm the bench.  I am thirsty !  Also Ms. Ariel had a Sunday off and was able to come to church and she brought a friend.  Praise God !  The nursery will be open the first week of March and we are excited.  Jayden will be able to attend, thank you Lord for blessing our church.  I love the new lighting in the church it sets a really nice environment, very calming and peaceful.  Sis Brenda’s voice is anointed and blessed me in a special way.  “Walk with me Lord”, this was one of my mother’s favorite songs.  I thought of my mother and how much my mother loved the Lord.  The song ministered to me because I need the Lord to continue to invite the Lord and accept Him in my life through my tedious journey.

I rested the entire evening at home.  I love Sunday evenings, it is a time I can get organized for the week.  Get my mind right for Monday L 

Beauty:  Thank God for creating me to be me.  For so long I looked at other women and admired their beauty feeling like I was not pretty enough.  I now love the me God created.  I always thank God for creating me as a woman.  I love being a woman because we are beautiful beings, each and every one of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment