Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012


Fat Tuesday – RANT/RAVE

Lord thank You for continuing to bless my spirit.  I feel brand new today; I know it is Your mercy.  You abide in me and because of this I feel loved.  Lord I love You; I give You the glory in everything I do.

Rant/Rave - Today is another day that the Lord has blessed me.  Yes I feel blessed and I am curious how He will use me today.  I want to keep my focus on living a life that glorifies God.  I have to practice seeing how God would approve the things that I do.  Yesterday I got a text from someone dear to me, making a manipulative demand.  I saw right through what they were trying to do.  My response to their demand was “sorry I can’t do that” without saying anything more.  Now that was God, a year ago I would have GONE OFF, telling this individual what I really thought of their remark.  My response would have been unloving and harsh; this is the Vanessa that is ugly on the inside.  My words would have harmed our relationship for life; I would have cut her up with my words.  They got the message and later in the day we had a good casual conversation, which felt good to me.  You see it is the simple day to day things that I am allowing God to do in my life.  My prayer is that they come to the realization that manipulation looks ugly and does not work.  In the past if I hadn’t cut you up with words I would have over explained why I couldn’t do what you wanted.  Feeling the need to be liked.  I know now that manipulation is not of God and I do not have to explain myself. I know if you disapprove of me or don’t like my actions, God loves me and approves my Godly response.  I say this all to the glory of God.  In my actions I also showed God that I love Him more than any earthly thing.  I know man can disappoint and this is cool, but God never fails.  We all fall short. 

Rant - This morning on my drive to work I got a call from another person trying to manipulate me and volunteer me into doing something.  My thing is if you are lead by God to do something, You go ahead and do it.  Don’t volunteer my name.  Present the situation to me and allow me and allow me to volunteer myself.  Not that I don’t want to help, but I cannot do everything for everybody, not to prove to someone that I am a Christian.  January 1, 2011 I said to myself, if I really am not lead by God to do something, I don’t do it.  I have never liked to be controlled, I have been in controlled relationships and I did not do well.  I guess what I am trying to say is love me for me. Don’t judge me based on what you can or cannot get me to do.  I remember my mother you always say when she felt she was being controlled, “I am ____ years old and my mama and daddy dead”.  I know what she meant.  I am Olivia’s daughter.  DO NOT tell me what to do, in a sly manipulative manner.  I feel like a real person now, that I am working to live in God’s will.  I see everything so differently.  God must be working on me in this area.

When people try to control and manipulate me I feel as if my freedom is being taken.  My response can be passive aggressive which harms my relationships.  I am in need of help in continuing to voice myself in a Godly manner. 

Beauty Corner:  Today I wore a vintage dress I picked up at Chelsea’s it is totally vintage 60’s with the stripes, it is Mod.  I have it on with fishnet tights and boots.  Back in the day I would have had on GO GO boots.  It is so comfortable and warm.  I love Chelsea’s.  I am on a no buy for clothes L  although shoes don’t count J  I need some colorful shoes to wear with a 70s vintage suit I picked up from Chelsea’s.   I really need to take photos and upload these looks.  After I need my new do I will.


I feel good now I got all my ranting and raving out on paper/blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment