Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Get It In



Lord You never fail me.  In my weakest moment You step in.  When I SEEK and acknowledge You as my savior and trust that You will provide, You have never failed.  I pray to continue to acknowledge Your power, Your Love and Your kindness. 

Last evening ‘Fit for the King’ was blessed to have Kathy come out as a guest speaker and then lead us in our workout.  I can’t say this enough, I love love love to watch God work to see individuals work in their gifting is awesome..  Kathy ‘Got it In’, not only through the challenging workout but through her words of encouragement and her knowledge of fitness/nutrition and healthy lifestyle.  We are all blessed and the ladies encouraged Kathy.  As a bystander passed us he said “get it in”.  I connected with him and understood what he meant.  Because we were definitely “getting it in” and it felt good.  Most of our workouts are done from video tapes, it felt good to have  an instructor there to show us the moves and to encourage us along. 

In addition to this, I witnessed my friend, my girl Ms. Nicole work in her gifting.  How she works so carefully with the production team to get things done.  Her knowledge of production is beyond anything I can image.  When you work in your gifting things run smoothly.  She used an opportunity of which she could have resolved a problem as a learning opportunity for the team. I stood in awe of her God using the team and the way they enjoy what they do. 

Last night I shared an article/blog written by Ms. Zoe.  The article shared her feelings regarding True Image.  Ms. Zoe serves as a trainer and motivator and is an excellent writer.  The article was given to the ladies to give them insight into why we True Image ladies/gents participate in the program.  When I read the article for the first time, I said WOW this is everything I think about the program, written so well.  I gave Ms. Kathy a copy and she was pleased.  Again Zoe is working in her gifting.  Working in your God given gifting blesses others and yourself. 

So ladies thank you for allowing God to use  you to help others.

Beauty:  I picked up some of the Maybelline Tattoo eye shadows (cream formula).  So far I love it, I put the taupe color on this morning and in my crease I used a brown to smooth and blend.  I will see how it wears throughout the day.  The product is getting great reviews for drug store eye  shadow, also another shout out to Wet N Wild.  I got a lip color Peachy Keen (sp), it is a sheer coral color and very moisturizing.  It was 1.99 and had a dollar off coupon attached.  Yeah !  My kind of deal.  Don’t sleep on drug store products.  But I am hearing some good things regarding Chanel has some excellent cream eye shadow with just a lil shimmer.  It seems since I have mature skin (wrinkles) cream eye shadows give a better appearance on my lid, less creasing, and the settling in wrinkles looks more natural for me.  I have never used any Chanel products so it would be different.  So we will see !  I need to go head on and do my youtube channel.  I could compare Maybelline vs Chanel.  I will see where God leads me on this.  I need to see how a makeup/beauty channel would benefit and bless others in a Godly way.  I will sit still and see how my feet are led.

Weekend Event :  Chuckie Cheese with Jayden - Yeah Yeah Yeah 

No comments:

Post a Comment