Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Cycle 1 Day 12 - 4 Month Natural Hair Anniversary


On or around October the 1st of 2012 I decided to come out and show my natural hair.  This part of my hair journey has been only 4 short months.   To sum this up this journey has given me freedom.  Freedom to wash my hair when I feel like it.  If nothing else this feels so good.  If my hair feels dirty I can step in the shower and do something about it.  I no longer have to wait to my every 2 week appointment.  I can have a new do just by stepping into the shower.  I never imaged washing my hair 2x per week, when needed.  I never though I had this much power over my hair circumstance, because the power had always been in the hand of my stylist.  Nothing wrong with stylist, but I needed to be able to take care of my hair needs.  I needed to be able to know what my hair likes and dislikes.  I needed to be able to change my look. 

 
It feels so good knowing I can take care of my hair.  God always gives us what we need to do what we need to do.  Even with weight loss God gives us the resources, water and the ability to move to lose weight.  He gives us knowledge !  Knowledge is Power !

 
I never intended on going natural, that the funny thing.  NEVER EVER, NOT me !  You never know what GOD has in store for you.   I am so glad Ms. Juanita took good care of my hair every two weeks while I wore my weaves for years.  I am grateful I kept regular appointments so my hair could get water and her mom made oil mixtures that I purchased and put on my hair under the weave.  Amazing, I was getting natural oils from her mixture without even knowing the importance of it. 

 
So ladies I say to you wherever you are in your hair journal, relax, texture, natural, techlax, WHATEVER, take care of your hair, take care of your temple,  it is the hair God gave you. 

This journey has connected me with a young woman, I now have a sales clerk who is my buddy at Walgreen, when love to chat it up about makeup and hair.  She gives me samples because she knows I am planning this Meetup/Product Swap and said she would save me samples.  LOVE HER.   We talk natural hair and products, she knows her stuff too, which is nice.  I appreciate that Walgreen has a checkout counter in the cosmetic area with people who know or have a interest in beauty.   I invited her to our Meetup/Swap.  She was excited. 

Tomorrow a.m. I will be working out at 9:00a.m. and this evening after work.  I will be having breakfast with a girlfriend and we will chit chat it up.  Saturday is Wash day and DC day.  My daughter and I will be hanging out at Monica's Green Hair Event.  Next Saturday is the big event, but I want to check it out tomorrow.  Some of my other natural hair buddies may hang too.  EXCITING !



Weight Loss Journey - last night our fit for the king coach, Rose, shared her struggle and it helped us sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.  She is like the weight loss guru, her openiness, honesty really touched us in a humorous yet sincere way.  She is so special to us. 

Yesterday I had two donuts, one cookie, flatseed chips as people brought in treats from everywhere.  I put a dollar in our cheat box and called it a day.  I did my proper meals, but was tempted by all the sugary foods.  I am praying that I can anchor myself in the word and move forward in this journey.

It's not easy, but God can do anything but fail !

No comments:

Post a Comment