Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 3 - Feeling Sassy

Day 2 oc Cycle 17 day meal plan - 210.2


Day 4 Hair - Updo -its cute




Day 3 – Feeling Sassy

 

 

Lord thank You for bringing me back to You.  You never left me You only showed Yourself more powerful in my life.  Thank You so much for loving me all of me.

 

 

 

Weight Loss Journey – Photos are of the 3 of us who are doing the 17 Day Challenge.  It is 3 cycles of 17 days.  It will end on my birthday March 27th.  Losing some pounds and feeling healthy will be a good birthday gift to myself.

Yesterday, Day 2 was rough, I cheated yes I did.  I had an orange after 2:00 p.m.  Yeah big deal.  OK I have done so much worse.  I laughed to myself when my cheat food was an orange.  I found that around 3:30 I wanted to chew, I thought I wanted crunch, but I just wanted to chew.  So my coworker gave me gum.  It satisfied my immediate need.  I can tell you right now today, I feel mighty good.  Today my cheat food was coffee, I went without coffee for 2 days drinking green tea.  Coffee is such a part of my life, I know it is a crutch but it gets my morning off.  But I did get a small cup instead of super size.  And I didn’t get Starbucks which has amazing flavor and caffeine.  I will save a lot of money staying away from Starbucks. 

 

My workout was amazing, Tuesday is AB work, and the class in only 45 minutes vs. 1 hour.  I was amazed at how strong my arms are, I can do planks and pushup so much better than before I began working out with my personal trainer.  I have good upper body strength.  Now don’t get me wrong, I am like working on a low level in class, but I am competing with myself and not with others.  The AB workout was so worth the time.

 

 

Natural Hair Journey – Now working out and natural hair go hand in hand.  I leave there sweaty and my hair is damp.  I am gonna have to do some research to see how to care for hair prior to and after workouts.  I tend to put jobabo oil on my hair prior to workout.  There is a new book out by naturalist Curly Nikki and the book is entitled Better than Good Hair.  I have got to order it real soon, she wrote a session in her book about natural hair and working out.  I love her blog, it has sooooooooooooooooooo much info, I go on it and don’t want to come out. 

 

Last night I did not do the pineapple, I felt my hair needed detangling.  So I did.  I went to Sally’s and picked up a nylon detangling brush to use on dry hair.  It helped a lot and I did not get lots of breakage.  Also It felt so good to the scalp and it was so stimulating.  It took me back to the days when my mom would oil my scalp and brush it.  It was so relaxing and so good for my hair, so I am going ‘ol school’.  There is a YTuber who uses this brush and her hair is amazingly beautiful. 

 

I uploading a photo of my hair today, when I twisted it last night I did not using a styling product and this morning my hair did not have enough curl for a FRO or to wear as a twistout.  So I pulled it up in an updo and to my surprise I think I am cute J  It took me back to the day when I use to wear updos and I always enjoyed the look.  This is an excellent protective style and I will be rocking this look a lot.  I think I might add some Marley hair in it just a little for more volume and it will resemble what is now terms a high bun.  I like it because my ends are protected.  This was an emergency hair do I did in the bathroom at work.  With a little gel to help hold the sides up and some bobbie pins this will be a go to style for me. 

 

I am enjoying my hair soooo very much, just learning all I can do with it is amazing. 

 

MakeUP/Beauty  -  Now last weekend I didn’t get my eyebrows done and this week I am paying for it.  It has got to be a priorty for Saturday.  If not I must do them myself.  I am looking manish about the eyebrows and I have a mustache.  I got to get this together quickly.

 

Last week I did go to Ulta and I picked up 2 of the Essence eye primers.  They are $1.99 each and I had a 20% off coupon.  Reviews give it 5 stars I am giving it 5 also.  Amazing coverage, you don’t need a lot.  If you are heavy handed in your use you will need to wipe some off.  It gives my eye shadow a pow and it doesn’t crease.  Now comparing this to the Elf eye primer which is $1.00 I prefer Essence.  It is creamer in texture and Elf can be dry.  Now I will use up my Elf as I have been using it for about a year, but I will never ever pay $18.00 for Urban Decay Primer Potion again. NEVER EVER.  Not to say it doesn’t work, but I have two primers that work just as good.  I know the other two are good because I reach over  Urban Decay to get to these.  If Urban Decay was all that I would use it all up.  I have gone through several Elf and can tell I will be picking up more Essence when I go to Ulta to have my eyebrows done. 
 
I have included copy of Fit for the King Sylabus;  This thursday we have guest speaker from NCBF give her testimony.  So come on out at 7:00 p.m. room 10.

Date
Topics
Assignment
01/17
Welcome – Program Overview – Objectives – Personal Journey-A.R.I.S.E.
Your Health Vision worksheet
01/24
Week 1: Let us A.R.I.S.E. and Build, pg 16 Memory verse: Nehemiah 2:20
Complete journal question
01/31
Community Service at Food Bank 6 to 8 p.m.
 
 
 
02/07
Week 1:  Let us ARISE and Build, pg 22 Memory verse:  Nehemiah 2:20   Guest Speaker:  Eunice Sipp
Praying for those we serve
02/14
Week 2: Anchor Yourself in God, pg 25 (trust exercise walk) Memory verse: Proverbs 24:3-4
Complete journal question
02/21
Week 2: Anchor Yourself in God, pg 30 (Spiked Water day) Memory verse: Proverbs 24:3-4    Chef Wells:  Healthy Food demo
Week 2 homework, pg 34
02/28
Week 3: Renew Your Mind, pg 35 (Yoga Day-Water fountain) Memory verse: Romans 12:2
Complete journal question
03/07
Week 3: Renew Your Mind, pg 39 (role play) Memory verse: Romans 12:2
Week 3 Homework, pg 43
03/14
Week 4: Invest in Slimming Foods that Satisfy, Part 1, pg 45 Memory verse: Ezekiel 47:12
Week 4 Homework, pg 55
03/21
Food Demonstration (class members and/or Chef Eric Wells)
Pray for those we’re serving
03/28
******NO CLASS Celebrate Resurrection (call accountability partner) 
Week 5 Homework, pg 68
04/04
Week 5:  Invest in Slimming Foods that Satisfy, Part 2, pg 47 Memory verse :  Proverb 23: 1-3
Week 5
Homework, pg 68
04/11
Week 6: Slim, Stretch and Strengthen Your Body, pg 69 Memory verse: 1Corinthians 9:27
Complete  journal question
04/18
Week 6: Slim, Stretch and Strengthen Your Body, pg 75 (Aerobic Instructor/Trainer/Zumba coach), Memory verse: 1Corinthians 9:27
Week 6 Homework, pg 84
04/25
Week 7: Expect Test and Be Prepared, pg 85 Memory verse: 1Corinthians 10:13
Complete pg 96 in journals
05/02
*** Outreach Ministry ***
Pray for those we’re serving
05/09
Week 7: Expect Test and Be Prepared, pg 92 Memory verse: 1Corinthians 10:13
Week 7 Homework, pg 98
05/16
Week 8: Putting it All Together, pg 99 Memory verse: 3 John 1:2
Complete journal question
05/23
Speaker(s), Success Stories 101, Memory Verse Quiz
Pray for class members
05/30
Celebratory Awards Ceremony, location TBA
Pray for class members

Please note: dates are subject to change












No comments:

Post a Comment