Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Day 5 - You Know Your a Product Junkie WHEN.......


Natural Hair Care and Fitness Expo

 

Natural Hair Journey - I am excited to present this event.  And it is this month, I am so thrilled.  I hope you will also be able to attend. This will be an opportunity to gain more information about natural hair and hair in general and also fitness.  The cost is 15 bucks, yes 15.  I emailed the event coordinator to see what the agenda is with timelines.  Hopefully they will get back to me and if they do I will definitely share. 

Date:  Sun. Feb. 24th, Time:  11:00 am til 7:00 Location: Hilton, 3663 Park East Drive, Beachwood, OH.

Below I added info from the site detailing the content of event. 

Now in its 3rd year, the Cleveland Natural Hair Care Expo is a unique cultural, spiritual and educational experience with the purpose of fulfilling the holistic needs of its followers. Here, one will gain the educational resources of natural trends in hair and body, transitioning to natural, alternative daily living solutions and the opportunity to share knowledge with fellow entrepreneurs and people. With an emphasis on green living, the Cleveland Natural Hair Care Expo is a haven for natural daily remedies, as well as, an entertaining experience for the families and individuals alike to take a break from the norm.
Envisioned as the Mecca of natural hair care solutions, the CNHCE is the premier, professional liaison between natural hair care related businesses and consumers with a holistic dedication that is genuine. As a product of the natural hair care revolution, the resources at this event are endless, from providing the best in natural hair classes, businesses, fashion, food and more.
This year, we’ve added a fitness component, dubbing the event the “Cleveland Natural Hair & Fitness Expo”!
We will provide the necessary educational tools for living a healthy lifestyle. An investment in your health, fitness, and wellness is an investment in your future. Enjoy a variety of fitness talks, classes and competitions at the Cleveland Natural Hair & Fitness Expo. 



Yesterday I wore my Fro with my Black Radiance 5117 and I liked it alot.  It seems others liked it to I actually received several compliments on the FRO.  I am not the type of person that fishing for compliments, my mom taught me not to do that and to be confident in your look.  BUT you know how it is it is still nice to have compliments from strangers like in the store LOL 

You Know Your a Product Junkie when you spend $21.00 plus tax for one hair butter.  I love it.............. so much luster and makes my hair soft without losing my curls.  Best investment beside Kinky Curly thus far.

I am picking up Marley hair this evening and I will be working to do a high bun + bang. It is a wonderful protective style that can be worn all week. I just have to make sure I gel my sides well with my ECO styling gel (no alcohol). It is so easy that I can take the bun off at night wrap my edges and then put bun back on in the a.m.


Weight Loss Journey -" I feel good. Like I know that I would" LOL I am feeling good about me, God has poured His hand of favor on me. Giving me yet another chance. He has put purpose on my life and for this I am grateful. Yesterday was my rest day from Boot Camp, I have already worked out 3 times this week and scheduled to workout Saturday a.m. Which will be 5 workouts this week. I am following my meal plan as closely as possible. Yes, I have strayed a bit but nothing crazy, like the other day I had an orange after 2:00 :) One day I had a slice of whole wheat bread with my baked chicken breast. But I passed up the temptation of Chipote. My daughter asked if I wanted something back and I declined. YES I declined. So a orange one day a slice of bread the next. I'm good and feeling good. So good So good (James Brown). If I could I would get up and do the James Brown freeze but I am to sore from boot camp.

I must say I like this boot camp. Many members from NCBF are there from True Image even Kathy and Deb. It is fun working out with them again, we all had such a good support with one another. I am even finding new support from the members at the boot camp. One woman I am ministering too which is awesome, she sees the sisterhood of the ladies of NCBF and asked "what church do you go to". She sees the love we have for one another. God has blessed us this way at NCBF. God is so amazing.



MakeUp - Now you know your a Product Junkie when you go into Walgreen's buddy up with the sales lady and they leave the register go in the back into unopened stock and bring out the entire new line of Milani.  YES she was awesome.  We talked about pigmentations, cost and hands down Milani wins.  I ended up selling her 3 of the lipsticks, she put away for herself.  She told me to come back today or Saturday and all the new items from other lines and Milani would be up.  I explained to her that I was doing a Natural Hair Meetup/Swap and needed more samples.  Because last week on the counter was a bowl with samples of conditioners and DCs and she went under the counter gave me what was left, not much but about 8.  I was soooooo grateful. 

I am spreading the word about the Natural Hair Meetup/Swap to Natural and non Naturals.  I ran into a NCBF natural from NCBF and she said she is interested and would bring her mother who is natural.  These ladies are also in the run/walk NCBF team.


WEEKEND _  My weekend will be simple, friday evening workout, saturday morning 9:00 a.m. workout.  Yeah ! Run errands, grocery shop, wash hair maybe do Marley UPdo for weekend.  That would be fun, if it turns out ok I will wear it.  I volunteer in the infant nursery this Sunday they may pull my bun off my head LOL  I will have eyebrows done, YES !  Gas up vehicle and get ready for powerful, wonderful next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment